Pelican BioThermal Introduces Crēdo™ on Demand for Reusable Cold Chain Shippers
Pelican BioThermal introduces Crēdo™ on Demand, a new rental service providing pallet shippers that are ready for use, with options such as pre-conditioning and drop-off at an expanding number of worldwide consolidation centers. Crēdo on Demand, which uses passive Crēdo Xtreme™ pallet shippers, provides a less costly and more manageable alternative to active shipper systems.
“Up to this point, the reusable bulk temperature-controlled market has been dominated by costly active containers, which require advanced notice to book and take up more cargo space on aircraft,” explained Ira Smith, Director of Strategic Development Global Transport and Logistics at Pelican BioThermal. “In addition to a more competitive price point, and a generous rental period, Pelican BioThermal passive containers are more readily available and simple to condition. The Crēdo Xtreme pallet shipper requires fewer standard operating procedures, and therefore, offers fewer worries.”
The Crēdo on Demand program offers 12-day standard rentals, including qualification reports and a clean, freshly refurbished Crēdo Xtreme, the company’s flagship pallet shipper. Customers can pick up and drop off a shipper at Pelican BioThermal’s service centers or may return it to a regional consolidation center for an additional fee. Another option available at the service centers is pre-conditioning at one of these three temperature ranges: +2C to +8C, +15C to +25C or sub -20C.
The Crēdo Xtreme, a high performance, extremely durable and reusable passive temperature-controlled pallet shipper, is offered in two sizes and is ideal for consolidating large domestic and international cargo shipments.
Crēdo Xtreme design features include:
- Crēdo Xtreme™ innovative modular design, which offers a full-stack pallet system. The added convenience of four-sided forklift accessibility provides ease of loading and warehouse storage logistics. An attached tie-down strap system allows for quick loading and unloading.
- Hibernation feature, which activates if the shipper is delayed and placed into cold storage during transit. The Crēdo Xtreme™ shipper will not only continue to protect the payload from thermal excursions, but will also lock on its current duration indefinitely, until removed from cold storage. This is due to the innovative design incorporated into all Crēdo passive shippers.
- High performance, extended passive thermal shipping duration capabilities without bulky, messy gel/ice packs or dry ice.
- No electricity, dry ice or batteries are required, providing more transportation choices and alleviating payload excursion risk due to power failure.
- Multiple temperature ranges (frozen, refrigerated and controlled room temperature) with Pelican BioThermal’s patented, interchangeable, easy pack out TIC™ system with PCM (phase change material).