VP Engineering & Product Development, Life Sciences – CB Recruiters – Minneapolis, MN, USA
A Global Leader in Pharmaceutical Packing and Cold Chain Solutions Industry seeks a Vice President of Engineering & Development to join their team. This position is responsible for the strategic planning, design, quality assurance and problem resolution of all new product introduction and will lead Manufacturing Engineering to support operational initiatives and drive cost reduction activities. This position can be based in either the US (MN) or UK. Relocation assistance will be provided.
- Develop and manage New Product Development Roadmap. Identifies and prioritizes issues to be resolved by the product development and manufacturing teams.
- Serves as the technical interface between to all external customers, vendors and partners globally.
- Provides engineering expertise in the areas of tooling, prints, specifications, product maintenance, raw materials and vended products throughout the organization.
- Manages Manufacturing Engineering functions for the division with a goal of driving cost reductions in support of company goals.
- Manages annual engineering budgets and working closely with Finance to develop and manage annual capital budgets.
- Identify ideas with other functional leaders, employees and customers to create opportunities for new products that enhance quality, drive an improved customer experience and improve profitability margins.
- Builds, develops and manages engineering team capable of carrying out needed engineering initiatives.
- Provides direction to the engineering team and ensures staff is contributing at maximum potential through rigorous hiring practices and an emphasis on training, development, goal setting and performance management on a regular basis.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or technical related field from an accredited University. Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- 5 years plus experience in a Senior Engineering team leadership role in the Temperature Controlled Pharmaceutical Packaging Industry.
- Ability to think strategically, prepare short and long-term strategic plans and execute methodically.
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Must have strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely and professional manner.
- Must be proficient with Solidworks, Word, Excel, Power Point, Project and other appropriate software.
- Must be able to travel internationally as needed.
- Demonstrated competency working across the business with an integrated team to achieve positive objectives.