Vice President Operations – Gilman Partners – Dayton, OH, USA
From the frontiers of pharmaceutical and biomedical research, to the front lines of disaster relief and conflict, and throughout the cold chain’s last mile, our client’s active and passive cold chain solutions ensure that temperature-sensitive goods arrive unadulterated and with their efficacy fully intact. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, our client is an extremely fast-growing international company.
This newly created position will report to the CEO and will plan, implement, direct and evaluate the operational performance, needs and capabilities of the company to ensure attainment of profit and growth objectives. The VP of Operations will provide leadership and operational excellence that will ensure long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies are attained.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute operational plan to achieve overall company objectives for growth and profitability.
- Plan, implement, direct and evaluate operational aspects of global organization to ensure capabilities to deliver profit and growth objectives.
- Provide daily leadership and guidance to global operations team to help achieve objectives and develop effective solutions to business challenges.
- Develop and retain a highly skilled team. Foster an environment of team support, cooperation, mutual respect, and commitment to Company values.
- Achieve operational expectations of the Company by developing and implementing effective systems, controls processes, and procedures striving for operational excellence.
- Promote a positive image of the Company by adhering to the highest level of professional standards and ethics and maintaining professional and technical knowledge.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:Education:
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- 15 years of global operational management experience including establishing new operational capabilities
- Experience in hiring and developing operational talent
- Experience in developing strong relationships with customers and vendors
- Experience working with global sales and senior level team members
Abilities, Knowledge, & Sk i lls:
- Ability to put in place operational metrics and interpret financial statements
- Proven leadership skills
- Effective decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; works well with others
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to develop others
- Ability to accomplish results through others
- Aptitude for technology
- Willingness and ability to travel (estimate 20% of time)