Vice President of Global Supply Chain – OvaScience – Waltham, MA, USA
Leads the Supply Chain function and develops supply chain strategy for new product portfolios as well as life cycle management of current products. Implements suitable policies and procedures to manage inventory costs while maintaining adequate inventory levels at central, regional and local depots to avoid back orders and impact on patient treatments. Develops programs to manage and track the performance of vendors to include second sourcing and contingency planning, cost reduction and process improvement. Directs and manages regional supply chain teams and ensures global oversight across all supply chain activities. Ensures teams are kept abreast of changes to importation and trade compliance regulations. Manages the global distribution network for Ovascience product offerings to include movement of patient samples and processed materials across regions.
- C reates and communicates a compelling vision for the global supply chain function that supports both corporate and functional mission and goals. Executes strategic and tactical plans to support the company’s global growth plans
- Develops a strategic planning function that ensures supplies, patient samples and finished products are efficiently managed to ensure partner clinics meet patient treatment timelines and that customer satisfaction is maintained to an exceptionally high level
- Develops a strong and effective procurement group that continually drives purchasing efficiency and cost savings both locally (US) and across international regions
- Works closely with Technical Development and R&D teams, at an early stage, on scale-up plans and alternative sourcing programs to meet planned timelines and projected costs
- Analyzes supply chain operations to assess performance and to recommend and implement appropriate programs to improve COGS and supply chainefficiencies. Recommends alternative supply chain strategies and risk mitigationplans to senior managementto support future growth
- Ensures the supply chain teams understand trade compliance processes and trends within the company’s various geographies. Leverages in-depth technical understanding of trade compliance issues towards developing successful solutions.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with trade compliance regulatory bodies, professional associations, external experts and key opinion leaders. Represents the company and actively participates in industry supply chain groups that work to influence global supply chain related activities.
- Ensures effective information and best practice sharing throughout the global supply chain teams
- Effectively builds organizational capacity necessary to achieve organizational goals and functional objectives, including recruiting and developing talent of high technical and leadership caliber to ensure the combination and diversity of skill sets is achieved
- Establishes goals and priorities for group consistent with company and functional goals and priorities. Actively manages the resources allocated to ensure efficient utilization consistent with functional and corporate priorities
- Establishes performance expectations for staff members. Coaches staff on specific performance and professional development issues. Ensures an environment that promotes and rewards the growth and development of workgroups and teams
- Diploma or formal certifications in Supply Chain. Materials Management or Global Distribution fields
- Experience in expanding operations from start-up to significant scale both domestically and internationally
- Minimum of ten years supply chain experience in a leadership role within a matrixed organization structure
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment with a track record of achieving significant savings year over year
- Experience in shipping materials globally; experience in cold chain shipping desirable
- Proven ability to develop, lead and manage cross-functional / cross-divisional teams
- Ability to think creatively and initiate new projects as warranted
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and the corresponding capacity to make decisions or recommendations based on potentially incomplete information
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead effective teams at a global level