Transportation Analyst – Thermo Fisher Scientific – Breinigsville, PA, USA
Client Customer Service
- Responsible for client interfacing via both phone and electronic correspondence such as email for compliance related issues on export procedures.
- Responsible to confirm with client terms of sale and carriage.
- Responsible for problem resolution for clients & partners.
- Responsible for quoting of consignments.
- Responsible for communication with client on consignment status directly as well as via Transportation Management System (TMS) for all state changes of shipments including issues.
- Responsible for, checking against all known shippers, and denied parties list and obtaining all related documentation
- Responsible to adhere to escalation procedure if there is a deviation from SLA and/or Standard Operating Procedures
- Follow all relevant Standard Operating Procedures, client protocols, and quality criteria in accordance with good manufacturing practices in all areas of responsibility.
- Provide essential information, timely to client and internal staff
- Provides quotes to customer in accordance with PSI quoting process and according to the customer’s expectations
- Responsible to update all TMS systems with quote requests and process quotes
- Responsible to confirm consignments have been inspected for carriage and are in agreement with documentation provided.
- Responsible to ensure dangerous goods consignments are inspected and handled per IATA/ICAO instructions.
- Responsible for routing of consignments via air carrier, ocean line or ground carrier for cost effectiveness and within time perimeters established.
- Responsible for arranging consignments for tender to selected carrier.
- Responsible for processing AES (automatic export system) reporting to US
- Responsible to ensure clearance of consignments are completed and required documentation received from customs broker.
- Responsible for monitoring the P & L of consignments
- Responsible for entering A/P & A/R charges information into TMS billing system within established service level agreed upon ETA’s.
Responsible for creation of consignments documentation including but not limited to:
- Master air bill, House air bill, manifest, labels, pickup alerts, bill of ladings, and certificate of origins, dispatch letter, flight details, and enhanced security forms.
- Responsible for creation of pre alert documentation for consignments
- Responsible for uploading various documents that pertain to each shipment into all TMS systems.
- Responsible for creating and submitting reports on a deadline, based on shipment data, including, volume, metrics, and accounts.
- Responsible to send the brokers all documents for import shipment and confirm receipt of documents.
- Minimum of 3 years of international logistics experience, and a proven track record of building relationships with and providing outstanding service to customers/clients.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Relationship development and management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage work and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Knowledge of the airline and ocean industry and routing
- Logistics / Supply Chain / Cold Chain experience
- Courier / transportation experience
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Assist other departments as needed
- Perform special project and other various duties as needed
- Participate in company subcommittees
- Identify opportunities to improve operations.
Education/ Experience (BMQ):
Bachelors Degree or three years international logistics experience.