Temperature Assurance and Test Engineer – Sealed Air Corp. – Charlotte, NC, USA
The Temperature Assurance Development & Test Engineer will help develop and test new-to-the-world solutions focused on Temperature Assurance serving the industries of food eCommerce, pharmaceutical and other industries requiring temperature management.
- Develop packaging solutions that provide thermal management for the passive market space
- Provide technical support to customers leading up to and after commercialization including use of insulated shippers, phase change materials and any associated equipment that may be required to deliver the ultimate solution
- Help develop and maintain a competitive database of temperature assurance solutions
- Work with state-of-the-art thermal simulation software & equipment to drive internal development and develop solutions optimized with a balance of performance, cost and sustainability for our prospects and customers
- Serve as a technical expert for our customers and our sales organization
- Be comfortable in a customer-facing role
- Work with the temperature assurance manager and other lab team members to maintain lab test schedules and lead times but also be flexible to accommodate changes in plan due to changes in priority
- Design various temperature assurance pack-out configurations to conduct ISTA 7E and 7D testing
- Perform temperature assurance simulations to optimize pack-outs and testing configuration
- Program environmental chambers based on specific test requirements
- Produce high-quality results and provide technical documentation to enable a data-driven solution development process
- Minimum: Bachelor of Science degree in Packaging Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other technical / engineering disciplines
- Understanding and experience with Life Science, Pharmaceutical, International Safe Transit Association testing and guidelines
- Knowledge and understanding of basic packaging testing equipment associated with Temperature Assurance testing
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Willing to perform hands-on duties
- Detail oriented with the ability to leverage statistics as part of the validation criteria
- Willingness to serve as a player/coach supporting the entire efforts of the team and functions.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite including Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Strong written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Capable and willing to travel (up to 10%)
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in the cold chain / temperature assurance industries and pack-out design with an aptitude to perform standard tests such as International Safe Transit Association (ISTA) 7E, 7D and 20
- Preferred test and solution development experience working in the cold chain / temperature assurance space.
Click here for more.