Supply Chain Sr Mgr, Regional Transportation – Amgen – Municipio de Juncos, Puerto Rico
The Supply Chain Sr Mgr will lead and/or participates in multiple cross-functional initiatives leading to the improvement of supply chain and/or related enterprise-wide programs. Responsible for identifying, establishing, modeling and monitoring key performance measures that will insure the achievement of Best Practices across Amgen sites. Serve as a key Logistics representative on various cross-functional task forces and teams to insure consistent and well-integrated practices are developed throughout the organization. May directly or indirectly supervise the activities of other staff members, or outside consultants.
SPECIFIC RESPONSABILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Identify and help prioritize opportunities across all Amgen sites for establishing Best Practices in our Supply Chain Systems. This would include, but not be limited to the ERP systems, Decision Analysis/Support systems, and any form of eCommerce.
• Identify, establish, lead, and/or support cross-functional project teams to implement system and process solutions to identified opportunities.
• Develop and communicate detailed project plans for assigned or self-initiated projects. Includes estimates for manpower, and outside consulting expenses. Communicate budget requests to Sr. Management for approval. Monitor and report on project status against these plans.
• Identify and implement performance measures that support achievement of Best Practices in our Supply Chain performance.
• Provide reports and feedback to senior management defining the Supply Chain model and performance of Amgen’s Supply Chain relative to industry best practices.
• Maintain an expert knowledge of Amgen’s Supply Chain systems and processes. This would include the ERP system, and related Decision Analysis/Support systems, and eCommerce.
• Identify areas that would benefit from Supply Chain education and/or training. When identified design, create, and implement a training program that would meet this need.
• Consistent and strong communication within Logistics and throughout all of Amgen and across all sites. Ensure that all Supply Chain systems are in compliance with applicable regulations.
• Implement distribution projects that support the region’s strategic plans.
• Work cross functionally by establishing new supply routes, supply sites, distribution models.
• Manage cold chain supply chain compliance.
• Build financial justification distribution models.
• Serve as Distribution Subject Matter Expert for audit of third party distribution partners (Logistics Service Providers, carriers and distributors).
• Partner with Global Logistics to share best practices and gain alignment.
• Conduct monthly report on Transportation performance and drive improvements.
• Partner with International Commercial Operations and Global Logistics to develop and assess optimal Latin America strategy.
• Manage third party distribution partners (LSP, carriers and distributors) to meet Service Level agreements.
• Use Operational Excellence as an approach to driving continuous improvement in performance and cost reduction distribution strategies.
• Ensure compliance with Regional import /export requirements. Accountable for implementation of key Regional Commercial Distribution initiatives.
• Accountable for Latin America alignment towards: Global Lean Warehouse, Distribution and Transport Standards; Global Import/Export Compliance; Controlled Environment Logistics. Leverage industry partnerships to implement best practice.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of experience in Supply Chain
Master’s degree and 6 years of experience in Supply Chain
Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience Supply Chain
• Strong knowledge of enterprise resource planning and applications
• Distribution and Transportation knowledge of Latin American Import & export Regulations for Biotech products.
• Biotech cold chain distribution compliance across Latin America countries.
• Understanding of Latin America countries infrastructure capabilities to development distribution network for biotech products introduction.
• Previous interactions with Customs Authorities and Freight Forwarder associations.
• Experience with local cross functional working groups for developing policies and guidelines across the region.
• Bilingual (Spanish and English)
• Willing to Travel 10%-30%.