Supply Chain Planner, Logistics Specialist – GlaxoSmithKline – Rockville, MD, USA
BS or BA in Business or Technical Field or commensurate work experience Logistics, Supply Chain, or Warehouse
• Software application skills (Microsoft Access, Excel, Power Point, and Word) and inventory control/MRP program knowledge (preferably SAP)
• cGMP Supply Chain experience
• 5 years of related experience in Supply Chain or Logistics
• Experience with shipping dangerous goods
• Cold chain shipping experience
• Requires travel (20%)
• Must have ability to work effectively in a team atmosphere
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong project management skills
Why GSK? Because GSK’s Biopharm business vision is to leverage its experience and technical capabilities to launch, supply, and manage Biopharmaceutical products around the world. It will fulfill GSK’s Mission to Do More, Feel Better, and Live Longer by living its values: Integrity: Always doing the right thing; Commitment to the Patient: Making the Patient the #1 Priority; Customer Service: Commit to delivering on promises to internal & external customers; Compliance – Being accountable for quality and safety.
GSK Biopharm in Rockville MD has an opening for a Supply Chain Planner. Reporting to the Supply Chain Planning Manager, in this role you will provide strategic oversight and management of clinical and commercial biopharm out-bound drug substance for both domestic and international shipments. Key functions will also include developing and implementing strong business systems to establish and manage partnerships with GSK Move Products and Logistics Service Providers (LSP).
• Manage all Biopharm drug substance shipments (both R&D and Commercial) from primary manufacturing site to secondary site, internal or contractor facilities in conjunction with Move Products/ CMO clients / Local LSP/and External Supply groups .Supports both GMS Upper Merion, PA and GMS Rockville Biopharm sites. Role resides at the Rockville, MD site.
• Generated and manage import and export documents in SAP
• Implementation and management of Sanctions and Export Controls
• Responsible for creating and revising Distribution Risk Assessments (DRA)
• Revise and report above site and site key performance indicators
• Ensure LSP Standard Operating Procedures are in place and are compliant with GSK requirements. LSP Management (Fed-Ex White Glove/LifeConEX/DHL. Procedures are updated as necessary.
• Assist with shipping deviations by driving investigations and correct actions to closure.
• Comply to all GSK Shipping Requirements – MP Compliance requirements, QA Alerts, and Good Distribution Practices
• Assist with Cold Storage Planning and Management
• Assist with developing BDS Package design, shipping validation, and selection of cold chain distribution lanes
• Trade Lane Invoice Management (site, MP and TS)
• Liaison between site and above site – cross functional support: Trading Partners, CT, LSP, Warehouse, MP, IT, site & above site QA, Finance
• Dangerous Goods Management for all outbound DS shipments.
• Manage both in-bound and out-bound cell bank shipments for Rockville Biopharm
• Establish shipping lanes in SAP, SID set up
• Assist with Regulatory audits and Regulatory filings amendments and submissions
• Assist with Sales and Distribtuion module during M-ERP implementation in Upper Merions and Rockville
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.