Supply Chain Manager – Santen Inc – Emeryville, CA, USA
The primary purpose of this position is to provide supply chain management expertise to design and manage supply and distribution, of externally manufactured products in the US. Starting from raw material procurement, through contract manufacturing and packaging, to distribution of finished product. This position reports directly to the Vice President , Global Sourcing and Logistics, Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management.
MAJOR DUTIES OF POSITION:
- Manage API and other material procurement processes for externally manufactured products in the US.
- Under direction of Global CMO management, manage contract manufacturing and packaging of externally manufactured products in the US, monitor performance and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manage export and import of finished goods, API’s and other materials from and to the US.
- Manage Sales and Operations planning process for externally manufactured in the US together with other Supply Chain Managers from Santen Europe and Asia offices.
- Develop and continuously improve tools to manage S&OP process.
- Working together with Quality Assurance make sure that all Supply Chain Management processes and procedures are in compliance with cGMP.
- As requested, provide Supply Chain Management expertise for development of ERP system for Santen, Inc.
- Participate in development of new cross functional and cross regional processes to facilitate efficient collaboration between Supply Chain Management and Sales and Marketing to support growth and new product launches in Americas, Europe and Asia.
- Close co-operation with EU, Japan and Asia Pacific Santen offices.
- Integral member of the Supply Chain and CMO management teams.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences or Engineering is required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Six to eight (6-8) years minimum Pharmaceutical experience to include, but not limited to, Supply Chain Management, preferably in a global environment.
- Experience in cold storage product supply chain design and management.
- Experience in new product launches in Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Solid understanding of drug development process and extensive knowledge regarding the manufacture of sterile solutions.
- Solid understanding of cGMP requirements (FDA, MHLW, EMEA).
- Experience operating and communicating on a senior level both internally and externally, and managing interdepartmental processes.
- Experience managing external manufacturers.
- Ability to think critically to plan and propose strategic, as well as, tactical decisions in design, management and execution of the product supply, and external manufacturing alliances.
- Strong organizational development and change management skills.
- Results focused, and customer service orientated self-starter.
- Excellent writing, editing, and computer skills including MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Vision, Project), and other planning, and mapping tools.
- Solid ERP skills, especially SAP.
- Fluency in English (oral and written). Japanese, French, Finnish and/or German language capability is a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The individual must be able to Spend considerable time at the computer
- Must be able to stand, kneel and stoop for filing
- Must be able to use the telephone and speak with external individuals
- Must be able to interact and communicate in written and oral forms with a diverse group of individuals on both technical and business topics.
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Travel domestically and internationally without restriction, up to 20%. Travel may be required frequently for extended periods of time and on short notice.
- Commit to significant overtime when required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.