Supervisor, Logistics – Grifols – City of Industry, CA, USA
The Logistics Supervisor is responsible for supply chain operations and logistics activities tied to the handling, storage and distribution of plasma products. Candidate must possess leadership and supervisory skills to lead, coach, and motivate a department of 7 – 10 employees, along with demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills to relate to peers, various levels of management and key stakeholders. This position requires solid working knowledge of cGMP, cGDP, MS Office applications and a high level of SAP knowledge as it relates to warehouse management, sales and distribution. Experience with handling and shipping temperature sensitive material is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides immediate supervision to a unit or group of employees, assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals, and maintaining schedules.
- Supervise shipping, receiving, storage, issuance and/or distribution of raw materials, intermediate products, final containers and finished goods in a cGMP compliant manner.
- Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics (i.e. routing, shipping modes, packaging, volumes, etc.) to identify potential risks, improvement opportunities and associated financial impact.
- Assist in the development and implementation of process/program changes to mitigate risks, support changing business goals, and drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure all raw materials and finished goods are stored in a compliant manner and that the appropriate controls are in place to effectively protect against loss and inventory discrepancies.
- Coordinate and validate accuracy and appropriateness of distribution activities, documentation, record keeping and SAP transactions.
- Participate in Establishing Routine Methods and Departmental Procedures
- Assist in the development and execution of cold chain strategies to ensure product integrity and to demonstrate compliance with regulatory standards and customer requirements.
- Manage and report on key performance metrics, program updates and on-going projects.
- Execute the distribution strategy through selection, contract management and coordination of freight forwarders and carriers of Grifols products and other materials.
- Maintain a quality presence to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory and industry standards.
- Generate thorough written reports, when required, that summarize investigations performed for out-of-specification results or out-of-procedure events.
- Participate in regulatory and internal inspections/audits including providing written responses as applicable for area of responsibility.
- Provide guidance and hands-on training to direct reports.
- Appraise and monitor performance of department personnel.
- Coach, counsel, address complaints and resolve employee related issues with the collaboration of Human Resources.
- Provide a leadership role ensuring employee health and safety
- Involved in interviewing/selection process of hiring or promoting department personnel.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/SKILLS & EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Emphasis in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or closely related discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience in a cGMP warehouse / distribution environment including management of raw materials and finished goods.
- Equivalency: In lieu of an Associate’s degree, candidate must have a High school diploma or GED, and a minimum of 4 years of related experience in a pharmaceutical, GMP, or FDA regulated environment
- APICS Certification or Kaizen Lean Six Sigma Training preferred.
- Requires an in depth understanding of the fundamentals of warehousing and inventory control.
- Prior supervisory or leadership experience is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire high performance in others and align team members around shared goals.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate, guide, train, coach and develop department personnel.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of cGMPs, FDA regulations, and industry guidelines.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to make structured decisions on a routine basis.
- Must be proactive, results oriented, and have strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and the ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet targeted deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with personnel at all levels in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be flexible with working hours / shifts in order to accommodate the 24 hour, 7 day plant operation.