Staff Supplier Engineer (Packaging Engineering) – Ortho Clinical Diagnostics – Raritan, NJ, USA
As the company transitions, we are seeking a Staff Supplier Engineer located in our Raritan, NJ facility. Responsibilities include technical support for Supplier Engineering function for all Ortho components as well as the overall quality and improvement of supplier components/raw materials. Responsible for maintaining overall compliance regarding ISO and regulatory guidance regulations. Major responsibility is to manage projects/activities as identified by Packaging/Supplier management to include supplier improvement, supplier certification, validation, change control, closure integrity, design/artwork, cold chain, technology transfer, etc. This position is also responsible for supplier improvement activities/nonconformances and associated corrective/preventive actions to include Supplier Performance metrics.
The Responsibilities: Key Deliverables:
- Direct and leads improvement activities with the supply base
- Drive and lead supplier process and quality improvements to meet OCD supplier year-over-year productivity objectives
- Manage supplier changes through the change control process
- Drive supplier nonconformance investigations and preventive actions
- Apply Six Sigma tools to drive supplier certification goals and quality improvements
- Lead and execute supplier Installation, Operational and Performance Qualifications for equipment, component, material and process changes
- Participate/lead teams to improve supplier performance and total delivered cost
- Maintain/communicate supplier metrics, scorecard
The Individual: The qualified candidate will have a minimum requirement of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and (5 – 7) year’s equivalent experience in Chemical/Industrial/Package Engineering or Supply Chain. Candidates who possess a Six Sigma Methodology Certification are preferred for this role. Experience with equipment, component, process and product validations to include Installation, Operational and Performance Qualifications. Project Management and experience conducting root cause/failure investigations is also required.
This position also requires strong written and verbal communication skills, and thorough knowledge of ISO and regulatory guidance regulations. Working knowledge of Process Excellence Tools and statistical software is preferred. P roficiency with MS Office Suite of applications is required. The candidate will also be a strong team player, required to work across organizational/external functions, be results oriented and have excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be able to perform work tasks and operations in compliance with safety rules and regulations, and encourage co-workers to do so also.
- Attend applicable safety educational and training programs, participate in Safety Committees and attend departmental safety meetings, as required.
- Immediately report and correct, if possible, unsafe conditions and near miss incidents.
- Conduct self-inspections of work stations and offices for hazardous conditions.
- Include safety-related activities and accomplishments in their performance appraisals, as applicable.
Job requires normal physical demands including good eyesight. Must be capable of lifting 40 lbs. and be able to meet requirements for access to manufacturing areas, packaging manufacturers or other facilities where package components are produced, used or tested.
Less than 10% travel is required.