Sr Supply Manager Analgesics & Cold Cough – BAYER – Whippany, NJ, USA
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care, agriculture and high-tech polymer materials. As an innovation company, it sets trends in research-intensive areas. Bayer†s products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. Bayer HealthCare (BHC), an Equal Opportunity Employer, makes an important contribution to human and animal health with its innovative products and by researching new therapeutic approaches promoting science for a better life throughout everything that we do. Our Divisions include Specialty Pharmaceuticals, Medical Care, Consumer Care and Animal Health. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Supply Chain-Demand Planning
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
1. Sets direction and establishes an End-to-End Portfolio strategy for a team of Supply Managers to drive results with a consumer focus:
- Responsible for overseeing his team in bringing systems and process transparency to the pipeline to drive strategic decisions with the appropriate decision makers within the global and local functions
- Accountable for driving End-to-End risk assessments
- Accountable for driving monthly standard reporting of brand per communication protocol
- Accountable for driving details capacity planning assessments and discussions to build in supply flexibility as needed for assigned brands
- Accountable for establishing Segmentation in their pipeline and an inventory optimization strategy
- Responsible for communicating and ensuring alignment of strategy with Commercial Business, Global Supply Team, Internal and External Manufacturing sites and Customer Service and Logistics
2. Accountable for converting Demand Planning forecast into production / inventory requirements for internal & external suppliers:
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement and reduction potential for non-value added materials
- Focuses on risk based approach to reduce risk within assigned portfolio
3. Oversees preparation of long range Master Production Plan and ensures no gaps per Supply Chain Strategy support increased customer service, reduced inventories and maximum efficiency for operations:
- Ensures releases of planned production orders for final plan to Detail Scheduler (APO SNP to APO PP/DS) as well as monitoring supply plan to shifting trends through APO alert monitoring and demonstrates a high degree of control over dependent demands and predecessor / successor relationships within finished good plans
4. Accountable for managing the overall inventory performance for assigned business. Includes establishment of safety stock levels and management of inventory obsolescence resolution and optimizes load leveling, deployments and utilizes rough cut capacity in development of Master Production Schedule in accordance with inventory plan:
- Proactively identifies opportunities to reduce obsolescence risk without impacting customer service levels
5. Acts as main communication focal point and escalation point for all supply Related topics within global PS and US Commercial Operations:
- Proactively identifies and resolves capacity constraints as needed for assigned manufacturing locations and proactively highlights and communicates potential product supply risks
- Escalates risk areas to Sr. Management
- Proactively communicates significant demand and supply trend shifts to Sr. Management and the relevant supply center(s)
6. Consults GPM Product Project initiatives including:
- New Product Introductions
- Packaging Change Implementations (artwork updates, count-size changes, etc.)
- Formulation changes
- Product discontinuations
- Manufacturing Site Transfers
- Manages all repackaging activities through 3rd Party co-packers (Multipacks, Bonus Packs, IRC Programs, Customer Specific UPC†s and all other product customization)
- Organizes ad hoc evaluations of short-term supply opportunities and issues with Demand Planning, the Pipeline Managers at the supply center(s), and other stakeholders as needed
- Identifies and supports process improvement activities/projects
- Manage the distribution channel for commercial and demonstration products
- Implement and maintain regulatory documents per GMP standards
7. Provides leadership and prioritization to direct reports and business leaders, ensuring team maintains relevant SAP master data, attends and actively participates in relevant S&OP business meetings, supports project teams for new product launches and assures launch timing, quantities available per project plan, supply chain reporting: prepares high level supply status updates and monthly highlights and lowlights; prepare monthly reports on supply chain performance vs. key metrics and brand reviews regularly
- Proactively streamlines processes to reduce complexity of assigned pipelines and seeks ways to enhance transparency
8. Manage supplier relations
- Respond to supply issues and coordinate communications with quality and engineering groups when escalation is required
- Accountable for ensuring Supplier Scorecard and Business reviews are conducted and in alignment with Buyer/Planner when a relationship manager is not assigned
- Drives strategic discussions with Suppliers to improve overall supplier relationship and performance
- Must be capable of making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- The incumbent works independently and manages multiple domestically or globally supplied SKUs of varying size and high complexity.
- Operates effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
- Role is responsible for seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies
- Has the ability to apply knowledge of business and marketplace to advance the organization†s goals
- Proven results with building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Builds Effective Teams:
- Builds strong-identify teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Ability to gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Is able to recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to the organization
Plans & Aligns:
- Is able to plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Is able to use a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insights into personal strengths and weaknesses and actively seeks ways to further develop
Drives Vision & Purpose:
- Is able to paint a compelling picture of the vision and strategy of their pipeline that motivates others to action
- Background and understanding of supply chain management principles such as (but not limited to) Production Planning, Purchasing, Forecasting, and Logistics.
- Strong collaboration with internal partners with consumer focus
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making, written and verbal communication and presentation skills to working level as well as executive levels
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective relationship management with internal & external business partners / customers
- Computer skills/ability to work with various software packages.
- Working knowledge of SAP/APO required, high competency in Excel, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Project, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of consumer goods production, operations and industry practices
- Knowledge of Strategy and People Change Management
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE (Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility, Efficiency) values. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position:
- BA/BS degree in a business, logistics, technical discipline or equivalent † MBA preferred
- Greenbelt / Blackbelt certification desired
- APICS certification desired
- Minimum 10 years of supply chain management experience in Pharmaceutical, Consumer Products, or ISO Regulated industry; 5+ years SAP experience (SD/PP/MM) or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Previous experience working in and/or supporting the Bayer Consumer Care and/or Merck Consumer Care organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to support activities of a consumer care business.
- Job postings will remain open for a minimum of 10 business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without notice.