Sr Manager, Supply Chain – Illumina, Inc. – San Diego, CA, USA
Responsible for overall tactical leadership of Illumina’s Warehousing, Delivery, Materials Management, Inventory Control, Receiving, and Shipping operations across the San Diego campuses. Responsible for defining the overall warehouse and materials function and driving continuous improvement to provide manufacturing and R&D with support. Responsible for sales order processing out of San Diego, both external and internal, and inventory movement to the Illumina distribution network. Responsible for receiving direct and indirect materials and delivery internal to Illumina.
All About You
- Develop and implement processes to proactively manage the order fulfillment operations through rapid growth, both internally and externally.
- Lead a team consisting of managers, supervisors, inventory control specialists and material handlers to own and execute all warehouse, inventory control, materials and shipping & receiving functions across San Diego campuses.
- In partnership with the Director of Warehousing and Logistics and Supply Chain Center of Execution,
- Establish work processes that support ILMN’s objectives in a cost effective manner
- Set KPI, and metrics to monitor and drive improvements
- Own service level both internally and externally for delivery of product and management of inventory
- Partner with procurement and suppliers to create a process flow of materials into the warehouse, driving efficiency and effectiveness of receiving and inventory storage.
- Ensure compliance with SOX, GMP, ISO, trade compliance and all quality, safety and regulatory requirements
- Manage and execute inventory control processes, scrap process, and RMA process.
- Develop a Talent Strategy to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Ensure proper and effective response to shipping inquiries.
- Monitor and track all shipments to/from Illumina and work with customs to resolve/prevent clearance delays.
- Generate reports and complete special projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities include :
- Developing training plans with employees to ensure they have the necessary expertise to successfully perform their jobs, provide ongoing guidance to employees, and career counseling to help employees develop and advance in their careers
- Setting performance standards, ensuring employees have appropriate and realistic job goals, providing ongoing feedback about employees’ performance, conducting performance appraisals, including assessing how the employees have performed and how they can improve their performance, developing performance improvement plans if employees’ performance is not adequate and providing rewards for employee accomplishments.
- Create and manage budget for department
- Ensure employees follow all applicable company policies and procedures
- 10-12+ years related experience including shipments and cold chain constraints, materials, inventory control and warehousing & distribution competencies through hands-on experience, warehouse management system (WMS) expertise preferably in a Diagnostic environment.
- 3-6 years of management experience with strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to effectively work across teams and functions;
- In-depth knowledge of SAP and manufacturing resource planning (MRP) systems, word processing, spreadsheets, project management, Microsoft Excel and Outlook, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), product specifications incoming inspection procedures.
- Excellent math, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Adaptable to fast-paced, dynamic work environment and shifting demands.
- Extremely strong communication, interpersonal skills and customer focus.
- Must have the ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently.
- Must be very detail oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field.