Sr. Logistics Analyst – Baxalta – Westlake Village, CA, USA
This position reports to Manager I Logistics Operations and is responsible to coordinate the Logistics export activities of Baxalta origins and Baxalta contracted manufacturers and / or 3rd party warehouse locations to international destinations as defined by the Baxalta CMO organizations.
This position focuses primarily on liaising with the Baxalta CMO organizations in the US and Europe to plan and execute the movement of product and product samples to meet Baxalta CMO organization project timelines and deliverables. A key element of the logistics function is to know and manage compliant cold chain transport solutions in a complex and highly-regulated environment (cGMP, regulatory, trade compliance, costs, etc.).
More specifically, this position is responsible to coordinate the end-to-end transport activities, working closely with Baxalta supply chain teams such as CMO departments, manufacturing sites, warehouses, distribution quality / cold chain validation team, 3rd party locations, as well as Baxalta affiliates and/or distributors globally.
- Responsible for assessing the destination ship-to country regulations and how it pertains to preparing export documentation: Commercial Invoice, Packing List, SLI, Certificate of Origin, Letter of Credit, Import Permits, Incoterms, etc.
- Close working relationship with Baxalta trade compliance group for policies, procedures, and SOP guidelines
- Coordinating the shipment with shipping facility (Baxalta or 3rd party) and the freight forwarder
- Assist with the CMO Planning team to meet all project ship / delivery request dates
- Follow up for issues from shipments
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This section contains a list of five to eight primary responsibilities of this role that account for 5% or more of the work. The incumbent will perform other duties assigned.
- A key function of the Sr. Logistics Analyst role, aside from managing the CMO business, will be to review department processes among all sites for exporting and identify gaps for improvements (i.e., utilization of Six Sigma techniques):
o Standardize processes to gather data such as forecasts, product launches, non-routine ship requests, and lane qualification with Global Logistics Validation team
o Create common processes with the Global Logistics department Analysts for efficient export procedures
o Manage scorecards / metrics performance of freight forwarders / other vendors
o Develop department SOPs
o Develop / enhance Country Profiles
o Train department on new processes / systems
- Key team member for new Trade Compliance system implementation
- Know and manage freight forwarder networks, cost containment, and schedule transportation
- Liaise with Baxalta Logistics Analyst – CMO Europe to stream line processes, coordinate activity where efficient, and align as a coordinated global logistics team
- Analyze distribution models and freight forwarder lanes for cost optimization / cost reduction
- Assist with BioLife business / issue resolution
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. List knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Knowledge of US Customs export laws and regulations as well as foreign import requirements; import laws as well as needs occur
- Work with systems (C3ME, B4One, and Trax) to prepare and create export documentation
- Strong knowledge of Incoterms
- Know and manage cold chain solutions, both passive and active
- Perform under tight deadlines with the ability to execute official documents with complete accuracy
- Customer focused both to internal and external customers
- Ability to operate in a complex, international matrix environment
- Good teamwork skills, ability to problem solve, and have strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks with short deliverable time frame
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Total commitment to following Trade Compliance laws, both US and foreign
- Strong computer skills-
o Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Education and/or Experience: Include the education and experience that is necessary to perform the job satisfactorily.
- Bachelor of Science in Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations, Transportation, or International Trade Compliance preferred
- 3 to 5 years related experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Discrimination in hiring, promotion and all other employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other basis protected by Federal, state or local laws is prohibited. Puerto Rico laws also prohibit discrimination based on social and political ideas.
As a federal contractor, Baxalta is also subject to Executive Order 11246. In addition to prohibiting discrimination, this Executive Order also requires Baxalta to be an Affirmative Action employer.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law GINA Supplement
Baxalta is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to
or call 844-447-2582 (4HR-ALTA) and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.