|Job Title: SR Business Development Manager – Regional Sales Manager
Location: West Coast
Territory: West Coast US to include: CA, AZ, CO, NM
Reports To: VP Sales
Expertise: Cold Chain Logistics,-Thermal Packaging-Life Sciences- 5 plus years sales exp.
- Plan and prioritize sales activities and customer/prospect contacts to achieve business aims, including costs and sales – especially managing personal time and productivity.
- Plan and manage sales portfolio/territory/business according to the agreed market development strategy.
- Set accurate market expectations and maintain high levels of client satisfaction.
- Learn and leverage the use of Company’s sales engagement process and sales call execution model.
- Professionally manage and communicate the sales engagement process from initial lead through close of sale.
- Use customer and prospect contact activity tools and systems, and update with relevant information including the company’s forecasting tool.
- Prepare and present professional and accurate company proposals and quotes that thoroughly present the value of our product offerings, leveraging the company’s proposal template.
- Collaborate, develop and support a productive team relationship with assigned Inside Account Manager that leads to mutual success.
- Attend trainings to develop relevant product and industry knowledge, sale techniques and skills to ensure goals and objectives are achieved.
- Sell consultatively and make recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business challenges.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information.
- Provide strong communication of client requirements and a team approach with sales leadership and the remainder of the company sales and operations team.
- Provide accurate forecasting based on facts associated with the sales engagement process.
- Maintain contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of Client Satisfaction and generate, when able, Client Reference Stories.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values. This includes acting as a liaison to appropriate associations, etc.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships with all Company’s support departments, including the management team.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in Handbook and follow guidelines regarding safety as outline in the AWAIR, and other safety procedures in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent in a technical field from an accredited University. Post graduate, secondary education is preferred.
- 3-5 years of sales experience in a related industry (i.e. Pharma, Logistics, or Packaging of a technical/complex solution).
- Experience in selling to small as well as large, complex organizations, “total solutions”, comprised of product and supporting services.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Client Relationship Management (Account Management), and/or “Cold Chain Logistics”.
- Experience in early stage growth companies and growing a market is a plus.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational and negotiation skills