Senior Supply Chain Manager – Relypsa, Inc. – Redwood City, CA, USA
Relypsa, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of polymeric medicines for patients with conditions that are often overlooked and undertreated and can be addressed in the gastrointestinal tract. The Company’s first medicine, Veltassa TM (patiromer) for oral suspension, was developed based on Relypsa’s rich legacy in polymer science. Veltassa is approved in the United States for the treatment of hyperkalemia. Veltassa has intellectual property protection until 2030 in the United States and 2029 in the European Union. More information is available at www.relypsa.com .
VELTASSA™ (patiromer) for oral suspension was approved in October 2015 for the treatment of hyperkalemia, a condition defined as elevated blood potassium levels that can cause abnormal heart rhythms and even sudden death. A potassium binder, VELTASSA is the first new medicine for the treatment of hyperkalemia in more than 50 years and is the first commercialized medicine resulting from Relypsa’s polymer technology platform. Relypsa is committed to ensuring that people living with the burden of hyperkalemia have access to Veltassa.
This position will provide guidance relating to the development of the cold chain supply of Drug Substance, Drug Substance storage, Drug Product manufacturing and Finished Goods Distribution through a 3PL, for delivery to Specialty Pharmacies and Wholesale Distributors. This will require coordination with Manufacturing, Trade and Distribution, Commercial and Sales. It will involve assistance to the Senior Director of Supply Chain with Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) and the management of an extensive network of Contract Service Providers.
This position requires a dynamic, hard-working person with solid fundamentals in supply chain planning. It also requires experience with business analytics, and alliance management skills to interface effectively with global contract manufacturers. The role is responsible for strategic global inventory tracking, supplier management, demand forecasting, production planning analysis and review of global supply chain activities including: air, sea, and intermodal movement of products, global warehousing, and related operational processes. This position will also manage future subordinates to meet department goals and execute supply chain strategy.
Position Responsibilities :
- Lead activities to support global shipments (Ocean and Airfreight) by effectively working with external logistics support groups to securely deliver and store API and Drug Product (DP) throughout the supply chain
- Lead temperature excursion and deviation investigations for proper disposition of Drug Substance and Finished Goods throughout the supply chain
- Implement the company’s inventory management strategy with the aim of controlling costs within budgetary limits, generating savings, rationalizing inventory and maximizing available working capital.
- Cross-functional engagement within the organization to ensure timely completion of supply chain growth and improvement projects and provide special projects support as required
- Lead coordination efforts with 3PLs, Customs Brokerage Agents and Domestic Carriers for the safe and secure delivery of drug product to the end user, the patient
- Lead Supply Chain quarterly review meetings and communicate KPI results to contract service providers.
- Review loading plans from European CMO teams to ensure that they are in alignment with contractual delivery schedules to meet demand
- Ensure inventory accuracy by coordinating with distribution centers and plant locations to near real time monitoring of EDI processes as well as other manual inventory and adjustment processes
- Assist in the administration of supply agreements
- Assist with planning and administering of the Sales and Operations review process
- Super user of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (Oracle)
- Ensure compliance with all state, federal, environmental, safety, and hazardous waste regulations.
- Monitoring of benchmarks and identification of trends and problems
- Review business analytics data and update logistics dashboard with monthly data to support senior management business reviews
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Business Administration with a focus in Supply Chain, Project Management, Logistics, or Transportation,
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in Supply Chain
- An understanding of MRP and inventory control / warehouse management systems and ERP.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must possess excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of data modeling and the recognition of key data that drive predictive analysis and advance analytics whereby data is leveraged into actionable information
- Knowledge of MS Word, Highly proficient in Excel and Access
- Professional attitude, good organizational skills and dependability.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team oriented environment.
- Problem Solving skills with the ability to seek alternative solutions for ambiguous situations
- Strong attention to detail with excellent follow-up
- Prior International or Import/Export experience desired
- Prior experience in buying and/or import logistics preferred
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule format
- Highly organized with excellent ability to prioritize multiple projects on a daily basis with excellent follow through