Senior Supply Chain Manager – Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – Cambridge, MA, USA
The Senior Manager, Supply and Operations will report into the Director, Supply Chain – US and International with dotted line responsibility to the Director, Supply Chain – EMEA. This individual will be responsible for developing and executing supply plans for one or more of Aegerion’s products to ensure that no patient is denied drug due to lack of supply. Based on aptitude and experience this individual will be responsible for one of more aspects of the supply chain from forecast development to supplier coordination of manufacturing, packaging, labeling, and distribution.
US / Global Distribution/Implementation
- Support and participate in the S&OP process
- Develop, review and communicate key performance indicators and metrics
- Manage cold chain logistical shipments between international facilities
- Establish and implement International supply chain plans
Packaging & Labeling
- Coordinate the design of country specific commercial and clinical labeling that is compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with Clinical team to develop a demand forecast based on the design of the study and ensure that labeled supply is available for study start
- Collaborate with Commercial, Finance, and Regulatory team to develop a demand forecast based historical trends and expected changes.
- Develop detailed packaging and labeling plans for relevant countries and clinical studies taking into account current and future material availability and country specific shelf life requirements
- Ensure supply is planned appropriately at all nodes to prevent stock-outs
Supply Chain Process Improvement
- Drive system and process improvements to enhance supply chain visibility and increase supply chain resiliency
- Drive implementation and adoption of ERP
- Coordinate with supplier on the delivery schedules and priorities
- Drive best value from supplier in quote process
- Drive supplier performance to new and established metrics in cost, quality, and delivery
- Raise purchase orders and reconcile invoices as required within an established budget.
- Collaborate with QA on vendor qualifications, quality agreement and commercial processes (including lot tracking, complaints, returns/recalls, labeling/packaging controls, training) and PAI readiness.
- Collaborate with Finance on order to cash process and inventory tracking/valuation;
- Collaborate with Commercial on order management/fulfillment and order visibility;
- Collaborate with EU team on global supply planning, inventory allocation/management, lot tracking & control, serialization/track & trace, supply chain visibility, product complaints.
- Collaborate with Regulatory on label design and implementation
Qualifications and Experience
- 5-7 Years of leadership experience managing global pharmaceutical supply chains is required;
- Bachelor’s Degree (supply chain management, procurement, engineering, operations, finance and business administration). Advanced Degree preferred;
- Strong analytical ability;
- Proven ability to develop process driven solutions;
- Experience with process improvement approaches;
- Demonstrated, effective project management skills including meeting project timelines and budgets;
- Ability to take a leadership role and drive quality progress;
- Willingness and capability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities within the time constraints;
- Oracle experience preferred
- Ability to successfully work both within a team and independently.
- Excellent organizational, leadership and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.