Senior Project Engineer – Cold Chain Technologies, Inc. – Holliston, MA, USA
Reporting to the Director of Engineering and Technical Services, CCT is seeking a Senior Project Engineer to manage multiple projects, taking responsibility for the overall coordination of the technical development of thermal packaging solutions or services for pharmaceutical and biotech customers. Working closely with customer representatives and teaming with internal sales & marketing personnel, the Senior Project Engineer coordinates and manages the technical specification development to meet customer requirements. This includes but is not limited to product design, development testing, prototyping, program schedules and assists in transition into manufacturing.
It is expected that the Senior Project Engineer will take responsibility for more complex new products and contribute to improvements in the engineering groups best practices.
- Provide significant technical contributions in the areas of basic engineering principles, thermodynamics and packaging design. Perform technical analysis, product design, testing and specifications for transition to manufacturing.
- Assist customers in developing engineering requirements that adequately define a product or service solution which will meet customer or market requirements.
- Coordinate all internal activities related to driving the project through the company’s new product development process, resulting in a timely product release to manufacturing and delivery to the customer. Manage project timelines, budgets, and deliverables.
- Maintain significant communication with customer contacts and sales representatives, providing frequent status reports and soliciting input when required.
- Working with our R+D engineers the Senior Project Engineer is expected to contribute to the development of standard design practices that all project engineers use. The Senior Project Engineer will also provide significant contributions to the continuous improvement of our testing and reporting procedures.
- BS in Engineering (Packaging, Mechanical, Chemical, or other engineering disciplines that include thermodynamic applications).
- 4-6 years of applicable engineering experience, with a minimum of 3 years experience managing multiple projects.
- Minimum of 3 years experience developing and qualifying cold chain solutions in a cGMP environment.
- Experience interacting directly with customers and internal sales representatives.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience using modern 3D modeling software.
- Capable of developing and executing experimental protocols, providing clear, concise, detailed results in a technical report format.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in thermal design.
- Proven ability to work in a smaller, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience servicing the pharmaceutical and biotech markets
- Packaging design experience
- Advanced Thermal and Fluid Analysis capabilities (FEA, CFD)
- Knowledge of modern plastic manufacturing process including injection molding, bonding, thin films and prototyping
- Lean/6sigma trained
- Lifting and physical activity may occasionally be required
- Occasional travel may be required
- applicable engineering, managing multiple projects, developing and qualifying cold chain solutions: 3 years