Senior Manager / Associate Director Supply Chain Management – LFB USA – Framingham, MA, USA
Supply Chain Management establishes and manages product supply capacities and relationships to meet LFB USA’s supply customers’ needs.
The Sr. Manager / Associate Director SC is responsible for developing and managing supply plans that meet LFB’s customers’ requirements. This includes receiving and negotiating customer demands, proposing supply schedules with contractors, aligning plans with internal operations, coordinating and authorizing manufacturing schedules and shipments, managing contractors to achieve supply and economic requirements, and communicating current status, supply projections and supply histories to internal functions such as regulatory and finance.
The Sr. Manager / Associate Director SC develops and maintains processes and systems supporting these duties including scheduling tools/systems, inventory management tools/systems, and supply risk management. Internally, SC communicates supply forecasts received from LFB USA’s customers, primarily its US commercial affiliate, rEVO, to LFB USA’s internal operations functions, such as the Charlton Source Material site, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Logistics. Externally, SC develops and maintains relationships with key vendors, such as contract manufacturing required to manufacture product supply. The Sr. Manager / Director also coordinates as needed with other LFB affiliates including rEVO Biologics and LFB Biotechnologies.
This individual supports supply capabilities by scoping, implementing and managing processes and systems that LFB USA requires to execute and manage its product supply. For example, this may include participating in the implementations of enterprise planning, inventory and operations systems or finished product serialization systems.
This individual is expected to lead development, implementation and monitoring of regulatory and quality requirements for Supply Chain operations across LFB USA, such as ‘Good Distribution Practices’.
Responsibilities: Duties to be assigned individually, or supporting the VP SC include:
Supply Execution –
- Supply schedules
- Receive supply requirements projections
- Develop Internal operations supply projections
- Generate and communicate External contractor manufacturing schedules, issue forecasts according to contractual requirements.
- Communicate expected production to Finance
- Manufacturing and Inventory project plans and financial budgets
- Purchase Authorizations
- Shipment planning
- Shipment Authorizations
- Billings and costs reviews, reconciliations with approved financial plans.
- Periodic manufacturing reporting
- Manage assigned projects, for example new system implementations
- Supply Projections
- Compile long range requirements from key customers including rEVO and LFB SA
- Generate long range supply requirements and manufacturing schedule
- Evaluate and project available capacities, for example – manufacturing, storage, equipment
- Define requirements and gain internal agreements
- Generate new capability requirements, process scale ups and new process implementations
- Capability and capacity requirements, for example for drug substance and drug product CMOs
- Cross functional contractor evaluations
- Initiate new contractor activities
Significant pharmaceutical operations experience and business planning skills required. The preferred candidate will be able to perform with limited supervision. .
- BS degree and 8 years’ experience in relevant areas, e.g., pharmaceutical operations, business and purchasing.
- Specific experience in and knowledge of pharmaceutical and cold chain supply management including demand consolidations, inventory management, and manufacturing planning across operations including purchasing, ingredient manufacturing, purification, fill finish, labelling and storage.
- Demonstrated experience and achievements across multiple functions within organizations.
- Skilled forecasting and projecting manufacturing operations generating short, medium and long term schedules.
- Experience purchasing significant (multimillion dollar) value for biopharmaceutical activities and deliverables.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with internal and external staff and management.