Senior Director/VP, Global Head of Supply Chain (LABS) – Quintiles Transnational – Marietta, GA, USA
Reporting to the Global Head of LABS, the Global Head of Supply Chain (LABS) will plan, develop, and direct the implementation of global supply chain processes and procedures, including transportation management, logistics and extraordinary customer service. Provide Supply Chain/Logistics/Regulatory expertise and strategic guidance to staff and both internal and external customers.
– Provide strategic direction for global supply chain. Ensure strategic initiatives are executed/measured in a timely manner in accordance with the project plan.
-Design, implementation and continuous improvement of systems and processes that will Lab Leaders to coordinate activities in order to meet inventory targets, execute new product launches and ensure integrity and security of Lab Supply Chain.
-Provide leadership and guidance to develop and implement best practices for global trade compliance and ensure consistent, compliant and standardized approach globally.
-The role requires all systems coordinate across geographies allowing for proper track and trace of physical materials. Responsible for design and management of product/goods across multiple sites and countries.
-Develop a 5 year organizational roadmap outlining both physical and system requirements to support rapid growth.
-Oversees third party performances including contract and communication for distribution, transportation and reference lab vendors.
– Plan allocation of supply chain and logistics resources, including project initiatives/assignments.
– Facilitate operational collaboration and liaison between departments and geographies as needed.
– Participate on corporate regulatory project teams and/or provide advice as an independent expert.
– Maintain external network of industry, logistics, and regulatory contacts.
– Plan, coordinate, and lead complex supply chain/logistics projects.
– Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external clients, regulatory agencies, couriers and related companies.
– Ensure adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to logistics, related regulations and training.
– Keep abreast of current data, trends, regulations, developments and advances in area of expertise.
– Serve as regulatory consultant for internal and external clients and global QLABs.
– Ensure compliance and promote and facilitate global logistics standardization.
– Interact with international and domestic regulatory agencies related to import, export, transportation and packaging.
– Oversee development and implementation of new processes to improve logistics operations within the company.
– Ensure vendors are managed in a manner that fosters continuous improvement.
– Oversee revision and maintenance of current practices, policies and procedures to support both the department and internal / external customers.
– Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining
employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
– Comprehensive knowledge of international supply chain and logistics including import/export regulations and procedures
– Thorough knowledge of and current certification in international and domestic air transport regulations
– Effective organizational and interpersonal skills
– Effective communication skills and strong presentation skills
– -Skill extracting relevant data to measure performance indicators and proactively plan for growth and scalability
– Ability to lead and motivate high-performing teams
– Ability to analyze work processes to drive efficiency and scalability
– Ability to manage multiple projects and ensure that they are performed in a quality manner
– Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients
– Excellent working knowledge of lab procedures
– Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
– Ability to effectively delegate work
– Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects, and direct team members
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
– Bachelor’s Degree and 17 years’ relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Experience in export / import operations and shipping regulations including hazmat shipping; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
-MBA highly preferred
-Minimum of 10 years of leadership experience in Customer Service, Distribution, Logistics, Transportation, Material Planning.
-Minimum of 5 years experience working with cold chain/controlled temperature products is preferred.
– May require occasional travel.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.