Senior Consultant for Logistic Planning – CVS Health – Woonsocket, RI, USA
The Senior Consultant reports to the Senior Manager of Logistics Planning and is accountable for managing and executing all aspects of store order processing (poll and delivery schedules including holiday schedules). This responsibility includes developing and implementing systemic, transactions (MOS –mainframe tool) directly impacting financials and operations in Stores, Inventory Management, Store Replenishment and Distribution Centers for all retail locations, minute clinics, and specialty
RX sites across 18 Distribution Centers. This position is critical to the organization ensuring accurate store order processing, research, analysis, decision making and ultimate resolution of Front of Store and/or RX order/delivery conflicts as well as management of all Front of Store/RX compliance related activity as it relates to store order processing and service from the Distribution Centers. This position provides extraordinary customer service to retail locations, field management, distribution centers and Customer Support Center.
Responsibilities: The following list is illustrative, not exhaustive.
Manage store order processing (order generation/execution) for all retail, minute clinic and specialty locations directly impacting distribution center productivity.
Manage and execute distribution center and store store realignments and store order overrides impacting expense and/or cost savings initiatives and opportunities. Develop and publish store/field management communications providing direction regarding schedules and best practice instructions for unplanned schedule changes. Ensure superior customer service with all new, existing, and closing stores, Minute Clinic, Rx programs (RB) and special store requests/needs and daily maintenance and system enhancements of the Master Order Schedule.
Manage and execute all systemic transactions in the Master Order Schedule (host main line billing system) effecting key internal departments (Inventory Management, Store
Replenishment, Store Operations, DC Operations) and directly impacting all
FS/RX store orders, DC production and store deliveries.
Responsible for managing the maintenance and integrity of the Master Order Schedule integrated with and directly affecting other corporate systems (mySchedule, AIM, JDA, WMS) and driving efficiencies through system enhancements.
Provide oversight and training to DC staff members responsible for generating polling schedules and changes associated to holidays, business interruptions, and project initiatives.
Ensure all regulated portions of orders (RX, PSE, controls, cold chain) are in full compliance to meet all regulatory requirements. Recommend and direct systems support teams regarding enhancements to the polling schedule tool and mainframe systems and ensure proper training and execution to Distribution Center staff members with dotted line responsibilities for success.
Provide recommendation for problem resolution through use of data mining. Assist Logistics Planning with analytical support, identifying trends, formulating data results and providing recommendations as it relates to billing initiatives and/or customer service support. Required Qualifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge of retail order to delivery cycles
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows applications including Access and Excel (CVS mainframe helpful)
- Proven ability to work with a high degree of accuracy, confidentiality and attentionto detail
- Expert knowledge and understanding of FS inventory management, Finance, retail and distribution center system applications including strong knowledge of compliance rule sets for both Front of Store and RX
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to proactively identify critical information needs, accurately interpret complex concepts, and correctly evaluate the impact of decisions/actions on the business
- Strong customer service skills – must interact across various levels of field management, distribution centers and Customer Support Center
- Demonstrated ability to influence others with positive results through clear, tactful communications
(written and verbal) across various levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and meet/exceed scheduled deadlines.
- Willingness and flexibility to manage workload increases as they occur
- Ability to develop and implement sustainable processes
- Minimum 2 years previous retail and supply chain experience
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA in Supply Chain Management or related fields
Education:Verifiable High School Diploma or GED Business Overview:
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW EEO IS THE LAW POSTER GINA SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking AA EEO CVS Health.