Sales Engineer, LATAM Climate Controls & Security – Sensitech – Opa-locka, FL, USA
The Sensitech/FreightWatch L&S industry Sales Engineer will work closely with, and provide support to, the Territory customers and Account Managers in the sale of Sensitech/FreightWatch products and services to the Life Science vertical. The position is remotely located in Miami. The Sensitech/Freightwatch Sales Engineer will be responsible for the following:
· Have primary responsibility for driving technical Sensitech and Freightwatch sales.
· Be the first level technical resource for the field sales force in relation to Sensitech and Freightwatch products or services
· Act as the interface between field sales and the PS department’s L&S vertical.
· Holds primary responsibility for technical sales activities for Sensitech and Freightwatch; maintains direct contact and relationships with customers in that regard.
· The Sales Engineer must articulate services positioning and technology to both business and technical users.
· Is responsible for identifying all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
· Complete knowledge of international regulations related to temperature sensitive products, such as PDA, EU GDP, etc and also local regulations for each country in Latin America.
· 2.- SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use technical, operational and sales expertise to lead, from a sales perspective, the Sensitech and Freightwatch expansion into broader, larger, more sophisticated projects and programs
- Identify new clients who could benefit from Sensitech and Freightwatch products and services and maximize potential in existing customers
- Support to meet defined sales targets
- Manage and interpret customer requirements – listen to clients and use astute questioning to understand, anticipate and exceed their needs
- Persuade clients that Sensitech services will best satisfy their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery
- Scope projects and programs working together with PS and Freightwatch
- Write proposals and respond to RFIs/RFPs
- Calculate pricing together with PS and Freightwatch
- Support marketing activities by attending and/or presenting at trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- Help in the design of custom-made or new services
- Provide training and produce support material for other members of the sales team.
- Provide product, service, and general industry expertise to the sales process
- Development and delivery of product demonstrations
- Participate in the design and implementation of customer-specific security programs
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams
Qualifications · Strong sales aptitude
· Technical and operational understanding of PS and Freightwatch activities and principles used
· In-depth understanding of cold chain issues in the LS industry
· Ability to work with cross functional team including engineers and salespeople
· Ability to create effective presentations in time constrained environment.
· Ability to organize and prioritize work in a multi-tasking environment.
· Effective written, oral and presentation skills
· English is a must
Education a. Bachelors or Masters Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field.
b. 10 years experience including experience in project management, logistics, R&D, packaging or sales