Sales Director, Life Sciences – Gilman Partners – Los Angeles, CA, USA
From the frontiers of pharmaceutical and biomedical research, to the front lines of disaster relief and conflict, and throughout the cold chain’s last mile, our client’s active and passive cold chain solutions ensure that temperature-sensitive goods arrive unadulterated and with their efficacy fully intact. Due to tremendous growth, they are seeking to add a number of sales directors to their team.
The Sales Director will be responsible for retaining existing & developing new customer relationships; driving product and service revenues within target markets; prospecting , qualifying and closing new business and, and serving as an advocate of the company.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Achieves revenue objectives.
- Builds brand value and market awareness and penetrates market with the full suite of corporate products.
- Develops and maintains long-term relationships and business with new and existing customers including a focus at the executive/decision maker level.
- Coordinates with partners’ sales teams to produce effective, strategic selling solutions with heavy focus on new direct product sales and leases.
- Develops a structured sales plan to include the development and management of sales forecasts for assigned accounts.
- Promotes the full range of products and identifies opportunities for case studies, white papers and customer referrals.
- Clarifies and qualifies opportunities; develops proposals and makes formal presentations to potential clients.
- Furthers the corporate value proposition and clearly communicates it in the target market with customers, prospects and partners.
- Assists in coordination/set-up and participates at trade shows.
- Provides guidance to internal resources to develop and assist in critical opportunities.
- Maintains and communicates market knowledge; e.g., changes in customer environment and competitive landscape.
- Provides accurate and relevant reports as assigned.
- Communicates with fellow business development personnel to support and capture new business globally.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA degree in Business.
- MBA beneficial.
- Successful selling experience in selling tangible value added solutions, preferably in the capital equipment and/or cold chain logistics industry.
- Successful experience in winning new customers
- Knowledge of medical, pharmaceutical, chemical, packaging, or military marketplaces.
- Knowledge of Government Sectors (Federal, State, and Local) also a plus.
Abilities, Knowledge & Skills:
- Consistent and verifiable track record for over-achieving sales quotas.
- Ability to build excellent relationships with customers and internal team members.
- Outstanding written and oral communication
- Strong analytical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Must be thorough and exercise attention to detail.
- Knowledge of complex sales tools such as “Strategic Selling.”
- Goal orientated, highly enthusiastic, dedicated to excellence and biased toward action.
Position requires significant travel. A “road warrior” mentality is needed.