Regional Pharma – Healthcare Competence Manager – Kuehne + Nagel – USA
The Regional Airfreight Competence Manager Pharma & Healthcare functions as a quality component of the KN PharmaChain product, hence contributing to the overall Kuehne + Nagel pharma business. The position will ensure that appropriate support is applied to external customers, Kuehne + Nagel internal operations and the Kuehne + Nagel pharma sales team. The intention is that all parties will feel leading edge & optimised service orientated solutions and knowledge & ‘know how’ are provided with respect to the movement of pharmaceutical, healthcare and temperature sensitive freight products, from local to global level.
a. Supply cold chain technical & know-how support to regional operations in their respective region with respect to ‘best fit’ packaging, routes, handling, supply chain partners and KN CoolZones.
b. Provide pharma & cold chain technical support to Kuehne + Nagel’s Pharma sales force. Support sales team by joining them at customer visits (if requested by sales) and support RFQ processes.
c. Support and consult Kuehne + Nagel’s existing and potential pharma customers in case of supply chain questions / requests coming up. Key purpose is to support from a technical & quality perspective, collate appropriate information and then provide value added advice in moving forward, all in close cooperation with the KN sales & operations team.
d. Ensure that pharma infrastructure, operations and sales staff (the KN PharmaChain network stations) in the respective region are appropriately and regularly qualified following the selected standard – which currently is GXP according WHO.
This is done in close cooperation with regional QSHE, airfreight training and the global (pharma) product department – following GxP guidelines, standards and processes.
e. Provide support with respect to trial shipments, implementation of new business and validation projects.
f. Build-up a knowledge database containing supply data sheets, validation reports, brochures, presentations, case studies, questionnaires, newsletters and articles. Supply this material and support the Pharma Product Team and Industry Knowledge Centre in Schindellegi.
g. Gather information and trends in the industry and feed back to the Pharma Product Team to ensure that KN’s portfolio of cold chain solutions will be enhanced frequently and stays at the forefront of the logistics industry.
h. ‘Face’ and oversee customer auditing of Kuehne + Nagel’s warehouses, CoolZones and temperature controlled equipment. Act as consultant to the quality departments of Kuehne + Nagel when re-auditing stations in re GXP or QEP.
i. Provide business intelligence with respect to:
1) Emerging & existing cold chain Healthcare products
3) Regulatory demands
4) Emerging technologies
j. Oversee and cross-check deviations that are received as a result of handling temperature sensitive shipments so that Kuehne + Nagel will be seen by its customers as a high quality professional product/service provider that implements & lives by the ‘CAPA’ process.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Excellent knowledge of pharma & healthcare supply chain needs
• Excellent knowledge of available packaging solutions in the market (passive and active)
• Robust knowledge of airfreight and the air supply chain from door-to-door in regards to pharma & healthcare industry
• Good knowledge of CAPA process and GDP / GMP accreditation & guidelines
• At least 3 years experience in transporting pharma & healthcare shipments
• Very good knowledge of QSHE processes, requirements and formats
• Good knowledge of training methods and training experience
• Good presentation skills – used to speak in front of audience (internal & external)
• Excellent command of English
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office tools
• Willingness to travel extensively