Region Supply Chain Leader – Baxter – Deerfield, IL, USA
This position is responsible to manage end-to-end Logistics processes for the distribution of BioScience products to US Commercial Markets.
More specifically, this position is responsible to:
· Manage Commercial Logistics, identifying and maintain sustainable processes to ensure timely delivery and no interruption of high value biopharmaceutical cold chain/temperature controlled supply customers from all aspects: demand shaping, transportation, Inventory management, warehouse/distribution, and customer service.
· Plan, monitor and coordinate all Customer Service and Country Logistics activities for Baxter in the country, in close relationship with the commercial organization and in accordance with the strategic plan and approved budget, in order to ensure that the needs of the customer are met in a timely, consistent manner. Drive actively the development of a customer centric culture through a consistent One Baxter approach
· Management and oversight for maintaining 3PL (3rd Party Logistics) partner relationships.
· Implement compliant distribution solutions and control end-to-end logistics processes for the distribution of BioScience products to the Commercial Markets in a complex and high-regulated environment (cGMP, cold-chain, SOX,etc).
1) Enables effective S&OP/Operating Review by garnering cross-functional participation and helps facilitate decision-making process on sensitive/cross functional & divisional issues. This includes highlighting division critical issues to Senior Business Leaders:
a. Responsible for submission of rolling 24-month demand plan for all products
b. Ensures alignment with Commercial and Finance organizational leaders
c. Works with supply chain org, order management, sales & marketing, product managers, manufacturing, suppliers, distribution centers and third party logistics provider in support of business objectives
d. Collaborates with Head of Planning to ensure appropriate demand shaping and investment decisions are appropriately characterized to Senior Leaders
2) Support end-to-end supply chain operations throughout US
3) Establish and manage strategic partnership with Third-Party Logistics and Transportation providers and drive continuous improvements for commercial distribution
4) Supervise and coordinate Customer Service and Homecare services in such a way as to guarantee the meeting of customer requests (relating to products, complaints, etc) in a timely manner and within Baxter’s standards for quality service.
5) Supervise Logistics and ensure proper alignment through regular joint meetings, in order to provide an adequate level of products in stock at the lowest possible cost, in order to successfully meet the needs of different areas of the business.
6) The incumbent will implement end-to-end distribution process for commercial markets, collaborating with Customer Service, Logistics Validation, Quality, Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Management, Trade Compliance, Finance and Transportation Providers.
7) Collaborate with the SC Planning, Commercial Excellence, Commercial Operations, and Finance to ensure timely launch and support for new product introductions
8) The incumbent leads any audit activities within any partners and be responsible for no defect findings. Communicate, Manage and Correct all type of Deviations and instantaneously update the business process to prevent from reoccurrence.
9) Establish Key metrics and KPI’s to manage business and report progress, status, and issues.
10) Responsible for managing financial projections related to departmental, logistics and warehouse/distribution spending. Analyze, monitor, report on spend drivers and deliver on cost savings and VIP initiatives related to US BioScience commercial operations.
11) Responsible for coaching, directing, and guiding analyst(s) or coordinator(s) staff. Manage projects and teams to achieve operational excellence, continuous improvement, or savings Perform other Duties as assigned.
12) Sponsors, and may lead, cross functional teams in support of strategic initiatives both within the supply chain organization and across the business units
1) Excellent Verbal and written Communication skills (with Staffs, Peers and Upper Management), including a thorough understanding how to interpret customers (internal/external) business needs
2) Excellent leadership skills including leading a team of logistics analysts, driving small-scale projects to implementation, promoting teamwork between departments, cross-functional and divisional groups. Supervises, coaches, and develops others. Drives results through team leadership and self. Experience to manage internal teams at remote locations.
3) Complete, in-depth understanding of all aspects of the pharmaceutical business and Cold Chain Logistics / Supply chain strategies including total delivered cost, profitability, and service levels
4) Strong communication skills (with staff, colleagues, suppliers, and senior management) both written, oral, and presentations
5) Strong demonstration of use of critical thinking and problem solving skills to address, correct, and prevent issues or make best decisions
6) Demonstrates ability and initiative to seek, listen, and leverage the partnering and sometimes driving with cross –functional/divisional inputs, outputs, and incomplete information,
7) Embraces change, challenges status quo and makes recommendations for improvements to products and processes. Creates tools that help simplify job tasks and shares or implements these with others
8) Strong ability to work in ambiguity and simplify the complex into operational processes with sustainable results
9) Knowledge of cGMP manufacturing and end to end supply chain is a must, as well as detailed knowledge in global logistics (transportation, warehouse, distribution).
10) Experienced with multiple PM tools and processes, and has the ability to manage critical situations.
11) High to expert level of MS office tools (Word, ppt, excel, access, project)
Able to work in fast-moving environment, work well under pressure (different tasks at the same time). Domestic (and/or International) Travel up to 25%
1) BS Degree preferably in Supply Chain/Logistics with in-depth knowledge and understanding of Customer Operations, distribution & transportation, warehousing, international freight management, budgeting, people management, project management.
10-15 years experience working in Biopharmaceutical or highly regulated and compliance industry, cold chain/temperature controlled products. MBA and APICS Certification preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Discrimination in hiring, promotion and all other employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other basis protected by Federal, state or local laws is prohibited. Puerto Rico laws also prohibit discrimination based on social and political ideas.
As a federal contractor, Baxter is also subject to Executive Order 11246. In addition to prohibiting discrimination, this Executive Order also requires Baxter to be an Affirmative Action employer.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law GINA Supplement
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Click here for more information, including how to request an accommodation.