Quality Engineer – Lifoam Industries, LLC – Peabody, MA, USA
Lifoam is a leading manufacturer of custom and proprietary molded foam and protective packaging solutions. The company designs, manufactures, and distributes value added expanded polystyrene (EPS), polyurethane, and refrigerant products used in a number of applications from seven plants in the US. The company’s products include premium temperature assurance packaging for the healthcare industry, disposable foam coolers and related products for the consumer market, cold chain packaging for the specialty food & beverage market, and custom & proprietary packaging solutions for a variety of commercial end markets. Its well-known brands include “Lifoam” promotional and imprinted disposable ice chests, “Freez Pak” reusable ice substitutes, “Propak” insulated commercial packaging, and the “EnviroCooler” line of Healthcare packaging, among others.
Since 2013, Lifoam is part of Jarden Home Brands, a subsidiary of Jarden Corporation (NYSE: JAH), a leading provider of niche consumer products, with over 25,000 employees worldwide.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Responsible for developing/executing/maintaining/improving an effective and comprehensive Quality Management System to include: specifications and standards control, change control, manufacturing and supplier quality, training, communication, product & process monitoring and control, internal audits.
Leads/supports overall continual improvement of Quality through teamwork, disciplined methods, sampling, experimentation, project management, data analysis, team reviews, communication and reporting.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Provides quality expertise and leadership in the following areas:
- Develop, apply, and maintain quality requirements and standards for manufacturing products/processes.
- Serve as Quality Assurance resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Support engineering efforts by participating in development projects.
- Monitor and manage process change/improvement efforts. Design experiments to validate the efficacy of these improvements and to ensure the integrity of finished products.
- Design and implement methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports.
- Participate in vendor/process certification; re-certification.
- Review customer purchase orders, contracts and change requests and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
- Develop, execute, and analyze quality-reporting measures.
- Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Identify issues with current processes, conduct comprehensive root cause analyses, and implement robust corrective and preventive actions in a timely fashion.
- Review supplier’s purchase orders and establish supplier quality requirements.
- Participate in/lead internal and external quality audits.
- Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality assurance and assure that effective corrective action is implemented/communicated.
- Compile, write and deliver training material on quality standards and activities.
- Remain current on technology through research and training.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing Technology, Quantitative Analysis or equivalent.
Minimum 3 years of experience as a Quality Engineer working in a manufacturing environment.
Certified Quality Engineer, Green Belt / Black Belt preferred
- Experience as leader of a Quality Assurance team in manufacturing environment.
- Experience leading improvement projects (Six Sigma, Lean)
- Training in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies.
TECHNICAL ROLE COMPETENCIES:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Quality methodologies to include, but not limited to, Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Measurement Systems Analysis, Production Part Approval Process, Quality Systems Assessment, Advanced Product Quality Planning, Statistical Process Control, Root Cause Analysis, as well as the application of said quality methodologies to include supplier quality/supplier development.
- Demonstrates a high concern for detail, accuracy, and compliance to Company and Corporate policies and procedures.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Minitab or JMP statistical software a plus.
- Ability to work with and lead cross-functional groups.
- Ability to develop and implement programs for continuous improvement.
- General knowledge of verbal and written communications for maintaining effective working relationships with all employees.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to lift 25lbs. occasionally.
- Sitting at a desk or workstation approximately 50 percent of the work time. Standing and walking approximately 50 percent of the work time.
- 25-50% travel is required (some foreign travel).
- Ability to work extended hours and/or travel with short notice; occasionally on weekends.
- Normal office, manufacturing, and laboratory environments and travel by automobile and commercial transportation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We participate in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
For help using our system or for further information, please click here.
COMPANY: Lifoam Industries, LLC
Requisition Id: 107995
Location: MA – Peabody