Project Engineering Manager – Cold Chain Technologies, Inc. – Holliston, MA, USA
Reporting to the Director of Engineering and Technical Services, CCT is seeking a Project Engineering Manager to deliver projects on time and in budget. This position is responsible for managing a staff of six direct reports to complete engineering projects. Projects can include large efforts to design new CCT shipping systems, design of custom shipping systems for specific customer needs, or simple tests to qualify existing systems for new customers. The Project Engineering Manager provides project management, technical guidance, mentors the individual project engineers in completing projects and develops/implements best practices for the group.
- Oversee project engineering to deliver projects to schedule.
- Determine resource allocation as needed to address all projects and assign project engineers as appropriate.
- Ensure all projects are properly defined including leading negotiations with customers both internal and external on project scope.
- Ensure project status is communicated to each project stakeholder.
- Provide technical leadership on design projects to ensure best in class designs move forward.
- Develop and implement best practices for the group.
- Ensure that company process is followed to ensure proper project communication and documentation.
- Participate in continuous improvement of NPI systems to reduce our time to market.
- BS in Engineering – Packaging, Mechanical, Chemical, or other engineering disciplines that include thermodynamic applications (MS preferred).
- 10+ years of experience in a technical or program management role involving new product development.
- 5+ years of managing engineers as direct reports responsible for new product development.
- 2 years minimum experience with thermal designs, heat transfer, and thermal testing as an individual contributor.
- Experience interacting directly with customers and internal sales representatives.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and deliver results on schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor engineers on project management and technical skills as required.
- Capable of developing and executing experimental protocols, providing clear, concise, detailed results in a technical report format.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using modern 3D modeling software.
- Experience in thermal design.
- Proven ability to work in a smaller, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience servicing the pharmaceutical and biotech markets.
- Packaging design experience.
- Advanced Thermal and Fluid Analysis capabilities (FEA, CFD).
- Knowledge of modern plastic manufacturing process including injection molding, bonding, thin films and prototyping.
- Lean/6sigma trained.
- Lifting and physical activity may occasionally be required.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Technical or program management involving new product development, managing engineers: 5 years