Project Engineer/ Certification Engineer – Gilman Partners – Dayton, OH, USA
From the frontiers of pharmaceutical and biomedical research, to the front lines of disaster relief and conflict, and throughout the cold chain’s last mile, our client’s active and passive cold chain solutions ensure that temperature-sensitive goods arrive unadulterated and with their efficacy fully intact.
JOB SUMMARY: Due to tremendous growth and upcoming projects, our client is looking to add a project certification engineer to their team. This person will report to the Director of Certification and Regulatory Compliance. The engineer will provide regulatory guidance and product certification to allow the timely introduction of new or updated FAA certified products. He/She will work with sales on proposals and pilots, and work with engineering on other special projects.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine and quantify FAA regulatory requirements, write test plans, witness testing, document findings and prepare regulatory submission packets. Understanding of FAA regulatory approval practices for TSO products would be advantageous.
- Develop or change procedures, policies, and work practices related to the design, manufacturing and engineering of products.
- Update and maintain regulatory certifications for design change and product enhancements.
- Apply rigorous design and engineering standards to facilitate 100% design integrity in accordance with FAA regulations for airborne equipment.
- Perform structural calculations, SSA and FMEA reports associated with product regulatory certification.
- Provide regulatory and certification support to the internal sales team, Technical & Customer support and external users such as commercial airlines. Assist with RFPs and customer pilot programs. Work with customers on questions and issues they have with the product.
- Compile technical supporting documents for both production of new products and the updating of in-service products. This can include user manuals, training manuals, materials for marketing, etc.
- Work with internal groups (sales, marketing, finance, and engineering) as well as external groups (customers, suppliers, regulatory agencies) on broad and varied projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering.
- 5 or more year’s relevant experience with a regulatory type product design and development environment (preferably Aerospace).
- Experience in working and developing with regulatory authorities.
- Experience in a design or regulatory work environment preferable.
- Knowledge of and experience with aerospace regulatory testing or certification of aerospace type equipment would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of FAA, TSO, TSO C90, or PMA regulatory type requirements and practices would be preferred.
- Knowledge of design department best practices along with ability to develop and implement design systems in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to read and comprehend regulation, engineering drawings and electrical schematics.
- Project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experiences working with a wide variety of internal and external customers
- The ability to work independently, be a self-starter, and identify work that needs to be done without being directed to it
There is some travel requirements, which could include international travel. Travel is expected to be 10-25%.