Program Specialist (Parcel Delivery) – Department of Veterans Affairs – Tucson, AZ, USA
The incumbent in this position provides full and complete staff support which involves participating in and contributing to the integration and coordination of administrative and professional services in carrying out the VA CMOP program mission. This person is an advisor to the Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy-Pharmacy Benefits Management in program areas related to Mail Out services with cold chain products, Department of Transportation (DOT), Code of Federal Regulations (DFR) Title 49: Transportation, packaging knowledge, planning, management, and security, as these issues impact on operational activities carried out by the VA CMOP network of facilities. Duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
· Leads, conducts or participates in complex management studies and reviews-particularly those that may have wide or significant effect upon agency’s organizational structure, policy, processes, operations, fiscal management and those where the boundaries of the studies may be broad.
· Review package and specification information for regulatory compliance as well as quality assurance.
· Participate in USPS, all other contract shipper and Contract Mail Manifestors meeting and performance evaluation as required.
· Will become an active association member of Postmaster General Mailers’ Technical Advisory Committee (MTAC) Industry Work Group, Task Team and User Group as a representative of VA CMOP.
· Assembles and assesses gather data to formulate findings and presents results and recommendations orally and in written format.
· Maintains and organizes priority of multiple ongoing projects while keeping management apprised of status and barriers to completion.
Work Schedule: 8 hour shift between the hours of 8:00am – 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. There is a possibility of telework after one year of employment.
Position Description Title/PD#: Program Specialist (Parcel Delivery)/PD# 038840.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.