Program Manager – Cold Chain Technologies, Inc. – Holliston, MA
Cold Chain Technologies is a leading manufacturer and provider of thermal packaging solutions to the pharmaceutical, biotech, health care and medical device industries. We are a technically advanced, financially secure company with more than 40 years of experience and a history of vigorous growth.
The company’s headquarters are in Holliston, MA, and is ISO 9001:2008 registered. We have manufacturing facilities in Nashville, TN and Reno, NV. We are also distributing and manufacturing our products in Europe through our licensee, Topa Verpakking. Our affiliated design and testing laboratories are highly recognized throughout the industry as world-class.
Program Manager Job Description
Under the direction of the VP, General Manager, manage key programs, including new product introductions, expansion of existing product lines and other key programs as deemed appropriate for focused management. The Program Manager must exemplify the highest level of initiative and leadership skills and act as a mentor to junior team members.
- Lead major programs, consisting of key new products or product expansion, from concept phase through delivery of product to customer.
- Manage programs which require coordination across a wide range of functional groups.
- Identify and facilitate issue resolution and implementation of business process revisions required for successful completion of the program for all functions of the business affected by the program.
- Manage/drive program schedule, risk and issue management, scope change management and tracking key program deliverables.
- Accountable for delivering key programs on time, within budget and within scope.
- Perform role of liaison with customers and suppliers on key business programs as appropriate.
- Facilitate communication between depts., including: Sales, Marketing Communications, Design, Engineering, Materials, Customer Service, QA and Operations, on key programs.
- Follow and re-inforce a stage- gate NPI process for new product programs in coordination with Project Engineers.
- Lead and coordinate cross-functional, cross-departmental, cross-company teams that are responsible for all aspects of the program.
- Ensure that the status of key programs is communicated effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Perform duties in accordance with established quality standards.
- Actively support health, safety and environment rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, plus a minimum of 6 yrs. cross-functional program/project management experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in an Operations function within a manufacturing company.
- MBA, a plus.
- PMP or PgMP certification, a plus.
- Experience in a cGMP and FDA regulated environment strongly preferred.
- Proven success in delivering significant projects, within budget and specified timeframes, while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you must take on multiple responsibilities and do what it takes to get things done.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Able to solve problems in a measured and creative way. Able to balance long and short term objectives.
- Ability to identify alternatives and make contingency plans.
- Ability to act in a professional manner, and exhibit the required behavior that should act as an example to other employees.
- Ambitious self-starter with drive to implement and achieve desired results.
- Strong knowledge and use of MS Office applications, particularly Microsoft Project.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Occasional travel required.