Product Portfolio Director – ShockWatch – Dallas, TX, USA
ShockWatch is an M2M / IoT global leader in logistics and cold chain risk management systems serving many of the World’s Fortune 500 companies. We connect customers to our proprietary sensors and provide data related to the conditions cargo experiences during shipment. Our portfolio ranges from packaging labels that indicate mishandling to global monitoring of freight location and condition (impact, tilt, temperature, vibration, and humidity). ShockWatch serves a diverse list of over 3,000 global customers in the energy, transportation, retail, food, pharmaceutical, electronics, semiconductor, and manufacturing sectors. The Company is headquartered in Dallas, TX with operations in the Netherlands, United Kingdom, Shanghai, Graham, TX, and a global network of over 200 partners in 62 countries.
The Product Portfolio Director is the P&L leader for the Impact and Tilt product lines at ShockWatch which represent the majority of the company’s revenue. This role offers a unique opportunity to help lead an established manufacturing business through an exciting transformation into the M2M/IoT space.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Translate the ShockWatch business strategy and direction into the portfolio strategy for the Impact/Tilt Product Lines.
- Develop and manage a Multigenerational Product Plan that will transform the company by connecting our products to our customers, and continue to fuel double digit growth.
- Provide strategic leadership throughout the new product development process and manage the teams to deliver products that meet customer requirements on time and under budget.
- Drive improvements to product line profitability through pricing, productivity projects, mix shaping activities, supplier cost negotiation, and product innovation.
- Deliver growth through collaboration with sales and distribution teams and establishment of programs and promotions to develop mindshare and drive sales of the Impact/Tilt product lines.
- Track the Impact/Tilt portfolio against Key Performance Indicators and inform the organization of progress through bi-weekly SIOP calls and monthly business reviews.
- Use a problem solving approach to identify root cause and develop countermeasures when the product portfolio does not deliver the expected results.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Customer focus
- Strong project management skills
- Strong financial acumen and experience managing a P&L
- Cross-functional team leadership
- Understanding of and experience with Lean thinking and approach
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, or Engineering
- MBA Preferred
- 5-7 Product Management Experience
- M2M/IoT or Communication Industry Experience