Product Marketing Manager – BioLife Solutions – WA, USA
This position will lead all evo hardware product management & product marketing efforts under the direction of the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO). The candidate must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently, as well as serving as the leader among cross-functional teams; driving team collaboration with software, product development, hardware, QA, sales, marketing, operations, and finance teams to drive key product development and marketing initiatives. Candidate must possess excellent communication, presentation, and customer service skills, both written and verbal. Significant experience in hardware (or medical device) product management, project management, and marketing; along with a solid record of success is required. In driving marketing efforts to align industry opportunities with company goals, s/he should be able to use sound judgment and reasoning to solve daily tactical issues, handle multiple tasks and priorities under deadline, and be able to make strategic contributions to the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Product Owner of the evo hardare product line of SMART cold chain shippers and how they integrate into the evoIS cloud based software product line.
- Primary trainer and demonstrator for customers, sales teams, customer service and other key stakeholders on evo products and product performance.
- Product expert and single point of contact for sales team regarding customer and market feedback, troubleshooting issues and feature requests.
- Manage marketing responsibilities for new products/product functionality, including international.
- As the product owner, successfully manage ongoing and future hardware development efforts as an effective core team member, including new product features, packaging, and accessories.
- Point of contact for core team members regarding hardware product development.
- Owner of hardware product roadmap; manage feedback loop for future hardware development.
- Owner of the competitive landscape: actively monitor competitors; compile info into the strategy for product roadmap; provide strategically positioning for evo (and evoIS).
- Develop content and materials to support marketing activities including; global branding and messaging, launch materials, sales collateral, sales training materials, written product information sheets, website content, technical manuals, technical publications, and other materials.
- Managing the entire hardware product line the life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going analysis with customers.
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding of the products.
- Work with CMO and marketing team to develop and implement marketing plans and market-specific strategies and adjust the marketing strategy to meet changing conditions. Prepare product launch plans under the guidance of CMO.
- Lead teams responsible for prioritizing and developing the product enhancements. Manage the transition of products from development into the commercial environment. Identify and support the resolution of competing priorities.
- Ongoing sales support through regular update meetings, co-travel and customer visits.
This the position reports to Chief Marketing Officer
Excellent communication and writing skills, project management, product knowledge, hardware knowledge, available to travel.
- Education Minimum: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing
- Experience Requirement Minimum: 3-4 years of experience in Life Sciences, Medical Device, or Cold Chain Logistics
- Field of Expertise: Marketing/Hardware/Medical Device
- Supervisor: Chief Marketing Officer
- Salesforce.com/Microsoft Office/MS Project or similar
Click here for more.