Plant Manager – Cold Chain Technologies, Inc. – Holliston, MA, USA
Under the direction of the VP of Operations, the Plant Manager is responsible to direct and manage plant operations with overall responsibilities for manufacturing, production engineering, quality, shipping, receiving, inventory control, maintenance, facilities and the performance management and hiring of employees at the site.
The Holliston, MA Plant Manager’s direct report staff consists of (5) Manufacturing Shift Supervisors, (2) Production Engineers, and (4) Maintenance/Facilities Associates. The Plant Manager is responsible to manage a staff of approximately one hundred which includes up to thirty temporary workers.
- Provide leadership and management to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Execute the manufacturing plan consistent with established manufacturing, quality, supply chain and safety procedures to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Provide leadership, direction and development to the staff.
- Direct and monitor staff to accomplish goals of the Operations plan. Act as liaison between corporate and staff to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results.
- Select, hire, lead and motivate staff to further their development and effectively utilize their capabilities. This includes team-building, staffing, training, performance management and salary administration. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensure compliance with current federal, state and local employment regulations. Consult with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
- Foster and drive a culture of continual improvement, innovation, and excellence.
- Lead the implementation of best-practices and product consistency in the plant. Direct and coordinate activities essential to operational excellence (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Employ Lean principles to improve productivity and reduce cost, scrap, and rework.
- Ensure effective and timely CAPA activities and maintain a strong, ISO-certified plant.
- Ensure effective and timely management of materials with Supply Chain, stocking vendors and service providers.
- Develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with staffing agencies to ensure candidate pool is qualified, available to work and meets salary requirements.
- Ensure adherence to all local, state and federal regulations pertaining to company operations.
- Develop and control the plant budget; control labor, overtime, premium freight and repair expenses.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; implement and monitor preventative maintenance programs.
- Monitor plant performance metrics and KPI. Develop and implement corrective actions as required. Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost, scrap and rework.
- Participate in multi-site initiatives, best-practice or product consistency projects.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field; Engineering field preferred
- Minimum 10+ years of applicable manufacturing experience, with at least 5+ years in a similar plant management/operations management role
- Proven success leading, managing and developing a staff, executing high-volume production plans and implementing continuous process improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a positive and collaborative manner
- Strong technical and electro-mechanical automated equipment background
- Experience in an ISO-9001 quality system environment
- Leader, self-starter and team player that will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Proven ability and success in budget and cost management
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to utilize MS Office applications; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with a computerized MRP production control system
- Experience in distribution and traffic management a plus
- Occasional travel as business needs demand