Packaging Tech Specialist Principal – Actavis – New Jersey, USA
Packaging Tech Specialist Principal In early 2015, Actavis completed the acquisition of Allergan. This combination united two growing, successful and profitable companies into a unique, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model – Growth Pharma. In June 2015, the combined company changed its corporate name to Allergan plc and its stock ticker
to NYSE: AGN.
Today, our nearly 30,000 talented global employees are creating an unrivaled foundation for long-term growth. We combine highly regarded brands and a best-in-class generics business with an enviable pipeline and lean, reliable operations to drive value for customers.
Join one of the world’s fastest growing specialty pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of stretch assignments and opportunities to step into the spotlight.
Packaging Technical Specialist
This Packaging Tech Specialist position is a Principal level Packaging Engineer with experience with semi-solid, liquid and sterile products. Under limited supervision, this position will support the Global Packaging Technology department by providing technical packaging and drug delivery system expertise to ensure successful commercialization of new products. You will provide routine packaging development assistance to internal and third party manufacturing sites including troubleshooting, new technology introduction, technical transfers, and packaging optimization.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Design and implementation of primary and secondary packaging components and/or drug delivery systems for a variety of pharmaceutical product types, specifically semi-solid, liquid, and sterile products. Experience with medical device packaging and regulations is preferred. Support of solid oral dosage and liquid oral dosage product packaging is a plus.
- Act as technical project leader on cross function launch teams to support tech transfer from R&D to Commercialization as well as technical transfers between packaging sites.
- Manage technical packaging projects with third party manufacturers / packager(s).
- Support development of cold chain distribution solutions for sensitive products that are cost effective and meet cGMP and regulatory standards.
- Manage changes to primary packaging including the evaluation of product, regulatory, and quality impact. Identify and perform appropriate lab testing and line trials to support changes.
The following listed requirements need to be met at a minimum level to be considered for the job:
- Nine (9) to fifteen (15) years related Packaging Engineering experience in the Pharmaceutical or Medical Device industry.
- Bachelors Degree in Packaging Engineering or related engineering field from an accredited college or university,
The below skills are attributes that may not be mandatory, but are definitely desired in the ideal candidate.
- Ability to progress with a packaging project from inception to commercialization.
- Project team leadership, supervision and training methods and techniques.
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other regulatory requirements.