Packaging Engineer – Sanofi – PA, USA
Identifying synergies within the Supply Chain Center of Excellence for Packaging. This position supports the establishment of a world class packaging organization, by providing technical expertise in the harmonization of existing Distribution packaging systems within the Supply Chain/Distribution; as well as the development in the lab performing thermal design testing and deployment of new packaging systems for distribution and cold chain delivery of our vaccine and pharmaceutical products. The person will be responsible for management of the cold chain lab. This position will be based out of Taylor, PA.
- Manage the internal cold chain lab.
- Design and implement robust shipping systems across the business units
- Work with cross functional teams within the Supply Chain and with our external partners to develop methodologies and technical justifications
- Define, harmonize and update the master shipper database within the Supply Chain
- Develop URS’s, design and route qualification, ambient temperature profile analysis, development protocols, datapacks and summary reports for design and qualification
- Knowledge of Thermal Modeling
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for Deviation investigation, Change Controls and CAPA’s
- Provide data to the Distribution Centers for development/updating Standard Operating Procedures, Standard Work Instructions, Specifications, and Guidance documents
- Investigate existing and new technologies
- Define deliverables and timelines for work requests and provide project updates
- Receives limited/general guidance and instruction
- Effectively manages project budgets and schedule to deliver high quality, on time and on budget output, while managing resources, risks, contracts and external/internal communication
- Maintain strong documentation to support project throughout all phases
- Ensure that related projects are executed safely, on time and within Budget estimates
- Manage the projects to ensure expectations, and performance meets or exceeds desired outcomes
- Expected to communicate openly with upper management and escalate issues when appropriate
- Time management and teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate management of projects with progressive levels of complexity
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
Area of specialization: Packaging Science, Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial Engineering, Biology, Chemistry
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Click here for more.