Packaging Engineer – Randstad Engineering – Westlake Village, CA, USA
Global leader in medical device manufacturing has an immediate need for an Engineer II in West Lake Village CA. Responsible for designing, developing, implementing and evaluating optimal, cost-effective cold chain product distribution lane qualifications. In addition to providing technical support and service to these areas, the incumbent may also perform the following functions Temp Control deviation investigations, reviewing Freight Forwarder SOPs, drafting Distribution Agreements, drafting and or reviewing shipping specifications, writing protocols and reposts. This is a contract position expected to last 6+ months, possible extensions, possible temp to hire! Currently we are only looking for local candidates. Apply Now!
Responsibilities for the Packaging Engineer
- Act independently with minimal supervision to conduct cold chain distribution qualification approved projects. Expected to make suggestion on improvements based on recent technical knowledge
- Able to contribute to develop distribution agreements, review and provide feedback to freight forwarder SOPs, write protocols, coordinate protocol execution, write qualification reports
- Contribute to any shipping temperature deviations investigations and reports.
- Ability to manage routine small projects without assistance
- Support the standardization and harmonization of lane qualification approach
Requirements for the Packaging Engineer
- BS in Engineering
- 1-3 years work experience in the medical device or biopharmaceutical or other highly regulated compliance industry
- Cold chain product distribution experience required, could have been obtained in a masters program or internship
- Distribution Quality, Packaging Design experience preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of Global regulations pertaining to drug and device packaging and shipping is desired