Packaging Engineer – Novartis – Morris Plains, NJ, USA
Primary responsibilities include recommending and qualifying packaging materials, creating material specifications, performing packaging stability, shipping qualifications/validations, providing guidance to the manufacturing/packaging process, and lead product labeling activities at the manufacturing site.
• Functioning under minimal supervision, accountable for Packaging Development activities and projects which impact manufacturing, marketing, and company profits.
• Preparation of Packaging documentation for Regulatory submission.
• Actively develops and applies project management skills compatible with the changing packaging technology environment. Maintains performance level in stressful situations and under tight time lines. Independently develops, prepares, and implements packaging material specifications (MCSs), BOMs, CNs, packaging descriptions, labeling and bar code assignments which communicate product packaging requirements to company production support departments, providing the basis for the purchasing and planning of packaging materials to sustain plant manufacturing operations.
• Efficiently coordinates, communicates, and provides essential Packaging Development project information, activities, and technical assistance to Development, Clinical, Planning, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, and Purchasing in a timely manner without becoming the critical path.
• Initiates and performs packaging studies to contain package material cost or effect package changes that result in greater efficiency, less waste, longer stability, etc. Expresses desire to make high quality decisions based on sound analysis and review of data and alternatives.
• Sees opportunities and works proactively and closely with the Engineering to assure all packaging materials and proposed future packaging/materials, meet legal, technical, and FDA requirements. Communication with Regulatory Affairs to provide necessary information, data, or specifications is an essential responsibility