North America Logistics Supply Chain Manager – Ortho Clinical Diagnostics – Rochester, NY, USA
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
We are seeking a
North America Logistics Supply Chain Manager
for Rochester, NY. The facility is in Memphis and will require travel as soon as possible. This position has the primary responsibility for the leadership of the day to day operational performance in the U.S. and Canada. Supply Chain Manager is responsible for actively participating in business development activities to build out stand-alone business units; 3PL Distribution, ImportExport and Transportation.
- Manage relationship of 3PL Cold Chain Distribution Centers
- Manage International affiliate orders & relationships
- Oversight of carrier relationships, contracts & trade compliance
- Coordination of product temperature excursion
- Working closely with quality and compliance functions to ensure operations are in full compliance with internal OCD policies and guidelines as well as external regulatory bodies.
- Working with the warehouse 3PL and carriers regarding performance metrics, process improvements, escalations, customer issues, pricing, and contract renewals. The transportation spend is $50M and the3PL of $10M and cold chain packaging of $5M.
- Working with service providers on improvement projects and resolution of customer issues as well as coordinating quarterly reviews of dashboard metrics.
- Manager will oversee a staff of 12 direct reports composed of 4 leads, 7 hourly and 1 contractors
- Financial, business, and analytical skills to act as a partner with Sourcing for 3PL selection to monitor and drive cost reduction activities.
- Skilled at creating a team environment that supports a common vision and ability to work cross functionally within a matrix organization.
- Proficiency at effectively prioritizing goals, assessing team capability and coordinating resources to achieve goals.
- Partner with QualityCompliance to develop audit programs to monitor warehouse performance.
- Knowledgeable with CFR 820 and ISO 13485 and DOT and dangerous goods shipments.
- Strong project management and leadership skills to transition current warehouse to a 3PL.
- Identifies, communicates and elevates supply chain problems to avert customer issues.
- Must be self-confident and have outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- Must lead through collaboration.
- Develop and implement strategies and best practices to manage transportation that complement business strategies, including; cost reduction, lane balance, backhaul versus head haul, seasonal capacity, transit time requirements, cold chain, freight handling characteristics, etc.
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills with superior problem solving ability.
- Thinks strategically, but able to operate tactically to ensure initiatives are delivered on time.
- Define, implement and monitor key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to create, cultivate and implement change, are required.
- APICS, PMP, Six SigmaProcess Excellence training andor certification is preferred (lean thinking).
- The candidate must be capable of operating in a dynamic, demanding environment within a highly motivated team.
- Knowledge of the SAP software and WMS module is a big plus.
- Demonstrated ability to function in an environment of constant change and competing priorities.
- Proven ability to work in a complex matrix organization with demonstrated knowledge of logistics andor transportations services.
- Experience developing SOPWI
- BS in Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain or Engineering, Master’s Degree a plus.
- 10-15 years of experience in logistics with key management roles in warehousing and transportation with extensive knowledge in WMS and working with global partners.
- Strong communication skills working across the company as well as with senior leaders.
- The candidate must be willing to travel 20% More travel to Memphis will be required as we transition this year.
Join us on the Journey
Let’s get started
Apply today or refer a friend
Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.