North America Logistics Manager Ortho Clinical Diagnostics – Raritan, NJ, USA
We are seeking a North America Logistics Manager . This position has the primary responsibility for the leadership of the day to day operational performance in the U.S. and Canada for managing 3PL providers in Rochester and Memphis, trade compliance, export customer service, carrier relationships, transportation, freight budgets and optimization across the supply chain. The North America Logistics Manager is responsible for actively participating in operational improvements and cost reduction activities regarding 3PL Distribution, Import/Export and Transportation while ensuring the highest level of customer service.
This role can be located in our Rochester NY or Raritan NJ office and requires 50% travel.
- Manage relationship of 3PL Cold Chain Distribution Centers
- Manage International affiliate orders & relationships
- Oversight of carrier relationships, contracts & trade compliance
- Coordination of product temperature excursion
- Working closely with quality and compliance functions to ensure operations are in full compliance with internal OCD policies and guidelines as well as external regulatory bodies.
- Working with the warehouse 3PL and carriers regarding performance metrics, process improvements, escalations, customer issues, pricing, and contract renewals. The transportation spend is ~ $50M and the ~ 3PL of ~$10M and cold chain packaging of $5M.
- Working with service providers on improvement projects and resolution of customer issues as well as coordinating quarterly reviews of dashboard metrics.
- Manager will oversee a staff of approximately 12 direct reports
- Financial, business, and analytical skills to act as a partner with Sourcing for 3PL selection to monitor and drive cost reduction activities.
- Skilled at creating a team environment that supports a common vision and ability to work cross functionally within a matrix organization.
- Proficiency at effectively prioritizing goals, assessing team capability and coordinating resources to achieve goals.
- Partner with Quality/Compliance to develop audit programs to monitor warehouse performance.
- Knowledgeable with CFR 820 and ISO 13485 and DOT and dangerous goods shipments.
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Identifies, communicates and elevates supply chain problems to avert customer issues.
- Must be self-confident and have outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- Must lead through collaboration.
- Develop and implement strategies and best practices to manage transportation that complement business strategies, including; cost reduction, lane balance, backhaul versus head haul, seasonal capacity, transit time requirements, cold chain, freight handling characteristics, etc.
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills with superior problem solving ability.
- Thinks strategically, but able to operate tactically to ensure initiatives are delivered on time.
- Define, implement and monitor key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to create, cultivate and implement change, are required.
- APICS, PMP, Six Sigma/Process Excellence training and/or certification is preferred (lean thinking).
- The candidate must be capable of operating in a dynamic, demanding environment within a highly motivated team.
- Knowledge of the SAP software and WMS module is a big plus.
- Demonstrated ability to function in an environment of constant change and competing priorities.
- Proven ability to work in a complex matrix organization with demonstrated knowledge of logistics and/or transportations services.
- Experience developing SOP/WI
- BS in Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain or Engineering, Master’s Degree a plus.
- 10-15 years of experience in logistics with key management roles in warehousing and transportation with extensive knowledge in WMS and working with global partners.
- Strong communication skills working across the company as well as with senior leaders.
- The candidate must be willing to travel 50%