Non-Commercial Product/Sample Logistics Lead – Shire – Lexington, MA, USA
Manage Non-Commercial distribution lanes to ensure optimum costs while maintaining high customer service levels.
• Proactively manage freight forwarders utilizing relevant KPIs.
• Work with cross functional groups to ensure that logistics shipping solutions are designed, developed and qualified to meet Non-Commercial product requirements
• Understand industry best practices in temperature controlled shipping methods.
• Support Shire Global Trade Compliance initiatives and best business practices.
• Implement cost efficient distribution capabilities incorporating industry best practices.
• Attend weekly non-Commercial product shipment meetings (CMO’s) to ensure transportation schedules are met and all domestic and international shipments arrive on time and at temperature.
• Analyze Shire Non-Commercial transport lanes and recommend the optimal Carriers for selection.
• Ensure Shire products and samples are transported & distributed in accordance with compliance with GDP’s, cGMP’s, and country specific regulations.
• Maintain and update procedures, SOPs, standard forms, import/export compliance documentation, training materials, etc. in accordance with the principles/guidelines of Good Distribution Practice.
• Monitor and maintain Shire Non-Commercial Transportation KPIs.
• Assist and maintain metrics on Cold Chain, transportation/Logistics shipments for samples and non-commercial products.
• Minimize risk throughout the supply chain through effective communication with key stakeholders.
• Assure high value products reach their destination on time in a compliant, and cost efficient manner.
• Support shipping system and transportation lane for Non-Commercial and sample shipments.
• Assist with the execution of shipping system qualifications (PQ’s) according to the project plan.
• Evaluate and implement shipping systems for Shire product samples.
• Analyze and review the impact of new shipping systems and timelines to implementation.
• SME on all Shire Shipping systems pack out configurations for product samples and non-Commercial products.
• Work with Global supply chain team to identify global shipping solutions for controlling temperature sensitive products while in transit from origin through final destination.
• Support design and route qualification, ambient temperature profile analysis, development of and associated protocols and reports for design development and qualification phases.
• Train Distribution and laboratory partners on shipping system pack outs as required.
• Participate in vendor Quarterly Business Reviews and assist with preparing agenda and PowerPoint/Excel presentations.
Education & Experience Requirements
• 8 years’ experience in a comparable position within the pharmaceutical industry
• Demonstrable knowledge of good distribution practices throughout the pharmaceutical industry
• Demonstrable knowledge of cold chain solutions and validation
• Knowledge of Global Trade Compliance measures
• Experience of working in an international environment
• Undergraduate degree in a relevant field
• Bachelor Degree
Shire’s Brave culture offers employees with diverse backgrounds the opportunity to enable those with life altering conditions to lead better lives. Shire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. US Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 484-595-8400.