Marketing Director – ShockWatch – Dallas, TX, USA
ShockWatch is an M2M / IoT global leader in logistics and cold chain risk management systems serving many of the World’s Fortune 500 companies. We connect customers to our proprietary sensors and provide data related to the conditions cargo experiences during shipment. Our portfolio ranges from packaging labels that indicate mishandling to global monitoring of freight location and condition (impact, tilt, temperature, vibration, and humidity). ShockWatch serves a diverse list of over 3,000 global customers in the energy, transportation, retail, food, pharmaceutical, electronics, semiconductor, and manufacturing sectors. The Company is headquartered in Dallas, TX with operations in the Netherlands, United Kingdom, Shanghai, Graham, TX, and a global network of over 200 partners in 62 countries.
The Marketing Director is the brand leader for the business and is responsible for planning, development and implementation of the global marketing strategy at ShockWatch. This role offers an excellent opportunity to build the marketing strategy and competency for an established company in the midst of an exciting transformation.
Responsibilities and Duties
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OVERSEEN BY MARKETING DIRECTOR
- Lead the customer segmentation and targeting process and manage the marketing funnel for the ShockWatch business.
- Develop and execute an integrated marketing plan that prioritizes lead generation within targeted industries and applications.
- Build a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our properties (including blog posts, whitepapers, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.) and incorporates important and relevant terms.
- Lead SEO/SEM activities and deliver significant improvement across KPI’s.
- Grow qualified leads by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content/offers.
- Optimize marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels.
- Establish closed-loop analytics with sales to understand how inbound marketing activity turns into customers, and continually refine our process to convert customers.
Social Media / Community Management
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to drive category, brand, and product awareness.
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry.
Public Relations / Media Relations
- Connect with influential media outlets and journalists to place stories about company news and other initiatives.
- Assist with event planning, including working with vendors, event coordinators, and design teams for on-site collateral.
- Create content regularly to grow the company’s footprint (press releases, corporate announcements, etc.).
- Together with the product team, educate both internal and external stakeholders about the product categories as well as product features and benefits.
- Develop launch materials that drive rapid adoption of new products (e.g., sales tools, promotions, etc.).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Customer focus
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Metrics Focused Marketing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Experience managing budget process and vendor relationships
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Marketing
- MBA Preferred
- 5-7 Years of Marketing Experience that includes vendor/budget management
- Solid baseline of strategic marketing / brand management
- Strong digital/inbound marketing background
- B2B marketing / lead generation experience