Marketing Communication Specialist – Pelican Products Inc. – Plymouth, MN, USA
Pelican BioThermal is a global leader in providing the life sciences industry with the most comprehensive suite of patented and award winning thermal protection packaging solutions for the safe transport of pharmaceuticals, clinical trials, diagnostics, tissue, vaccines and blood supplies. Our specialized design, engineering and lab testing services ensure clients are fitted with cold chain performance solutions that best fit their purpose. And Pelican BioThermal’s Credo ProEnvision track-and-trace software, which allows clients to monitor temperature controlled packaging inventories throughout the entire end-to-end distribution cycle, ensures clients meet increasing global regulatory demands, manage challenging shipping lanes and unforeseen delays while reliably and confidently tracking critical, high-value payloads around the world.
Pelican BioThermal has seen phenomenal growth in recent years and 2016 is expected to bring continued success and rapid growth as we expand our service offerings around the globe. We are looking for a highly motivated Marketing Communication Specialist to successfully execute our integrated marketing communications strategy and plan. This role involves coordinating strategic initiatives both internally and with outside agencies. The Marketing Communication Specialist will work with marketing, sales and executive management and to take the lead as directed on marketing communication initiatives. This includes public relations, advertising materials, events and vendor management and other marketing materials to effectively communicate the company’s overall brand, message, products, services and value to the marketplace.
Pelican provides a very competitive compensation and benefits package with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Get in on the ground floor with Pelican during these very exciting times of rapid growth, new products and new markets! Specifics of the position and qualifications are listed below:
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Works with appropriate marketing and sales personnel on an ongoing basis to understand the current marketing strategy, action plans and requirements.
- Ensures that the company marketing strategy and plan is executed on time, on budget and on strategy.
- Develops communication copy, build and maintain all relevant literature and other marketing materials, such as press releases, case studies, client reference stories, proposal templates, pricing documents, client newsletter, and presentations.
- Responsible for managing and measuring leads in our contact database (SFDC). Work with sales and sales management to insure accurate use in email, direct mail and other campaigns.
- Develops and executes direct mail, email and other campaigns, and monitors roll-out of the campaign and measure for success level at conclusion.
- Works with event management groups to plan and coordinate our attendance (registration, hotel, etc.) and marketing support (booth, literature, samples, etc.) for all tradeshow events. Implement success measurement process at conclusion.
- Secures and supervises internal and external resources needed to execute the plan – copy, design, and art production services, etc.
- Manages and coordinates all media relations, on-line advertising, functional development updates to web-site and monitor ongoing web activity.
- Coordinates the company relevant industry award submissions and the promotion of any industry recognition.
- Works as a liaison between the field sales organization and the company engineering team to consolidate and document new product requirements.
- Assists in the evaluation and leverage of social media and other online communities for the promotion of our message to clients and prospects.
- Administers regional marketing programs as described above throughout Americas region and lead worldwide marketing projects as assigned.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, advertising, communications or related field.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years marketing communications experience.
- 3-5 years solid copy writing and editing experience, preferably with industrial, logistics or industry related products.
- Experience working with international markets is highly preferred.
- Must have superior presentation, communication (written and oral) and analytical skills, plus demonstrated skills to handle a variety of assignments and details simultaneously.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and extra hours if needed on assignments.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and various web-content tools.
- Working knowledge and ability to create, edit and manage graphics (and other documents as needed) in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and other creative software.
- Knowledge of website content management software and experience using on an adaptive platform website.
- General understanding of Search Engine Marketing (SEO), Pay-per-Click (PPC) and other web analytics such as Google Analytics/Google Ad Words.
- General knowledge of social media platforms including YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
- Must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
- Must have the ability to complete assignments within the time frame specified by the Manager.
- Must be flexible regarding working hours and overtime. Must be able to work overtime on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of time or as necessary to achieve business goals and objectives.
Physical requirements and working conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to execute regular physical activities within the company areas (i.e. standing, walking, and sitting). Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. This position requires prolonged sitting, computer and phone usage, and repetitive movements with hands and wrists.