Manufacturing Project Engineer – Cold Chain Technologies – Holliston, MA, USA
Cold Chain Technologies is a leading manufacturer and provider of thermal packaging solutions to the pharmaceutical, biotech, health care and medical device industries. We are a technically advanced, financially secure company with more than 40 years of experience and a history of vigorous growth. The company’s headquarters are in Holliston, MA, and is ISO 9001:2008 registered. We have manufacturing facilities in Nashville, TN and Reno, NV. We are also distributing and manufacturing our products in Europe through our licensee, Topa Verpakking. Our affiliated design and testing laboratories are highly recognized throughout the industry as world-class. We are currently seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to evaluate and implement manufacturing process improvements for our existing and new product lines.
Under the direction of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, perform manufacturing related project management and manufacturing process engineering duties including, manufacturing support, problem solving, process optimization/development, fixture and test equipment development and cost reduction at our Holliston, MA, manufacturing facility.
- Manage capital, cost, safety and quality improvement and new product oriented projects involving project planning, scheduling, ROI, implementation as well as process and equipment startup, troubleshoot and runoff.
- Oversee production, installation, operation, maintenance, repair and development of new, modified and/or existing equipment and fixtures.
- Support new product development or existing product line extensions/modifications by ensuring new products or manufacturing processes are designed to facilitate ease of manufacturing to produce quality, cost effective products with optimized yields.
- Resolve manufacturing problems applying technical knowledge and skills.
- Develop work center layouts, estimate production times, staffing requirements and related costs.
- Evaluate existing product flow, equipment and processes, investigate and identify new technology developments for ongoing improvements, including automation improvements, machine upgrades, and other technical improvements to drive process improvements to enhance quality, safety, customer satisfaction, production standards, and cost efficiencies.
- Support Operations resolving internal and customer quality problems.
- Associate’s degree in engineering discipline required; BSIE, BSME, or BS in EngineeringTechnology or related engineering field preferred
- Minimum 2+ years manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of statistical techniques (SPC)
- Ability to plan and implement projects from concept to completion is required
- Working knowledge of FDA/ISO regulatory guidelines is required
- Experience applying Lean Manufacturing/6 Sigma principles
- Experience leading teams through Value Stream and Kaizen events
- Hands on experience in trouble shooting equipment problems and process improvement
- Experience in equipment maintenance programs is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a positive and collaborative manner
- The candidate must be highly motivated, hands-on, innovative, able to work with minimal direction, and should have good problem solving, teamwork, and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to utilize multiple word-processing and database applications including MS Office applications Word, Excel, Access, as well as Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- MRP, Solidworks and AutoCAD software experience is desirable
- Candidate must be flexible and able to adapt to changes in priorities
- Ability to lift 50 lbs on occasion
- Occasional travel required