Manager/Senior, Manager Supply Chain Distribution – Medivation, Inc. – San Francisco, CA, USA
Medivation, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDVN – www.medivation.com) is a publicly traded biopharmaceutical company located in San Francisco. We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Manager/Senior, Manager Supply Chain Distribution.
The Manager/Senior Manager, Supply Chain Distribution will be responsible for overseeing the overall logistics activities to support the process flow for the delivery of Clinical and Commercial goods and services in a domestic and international environment, in a multiple temperature range distribution network.
The successful candidate will provide support to both internal and external customers and staff.
You will have the opportunity to provide Supply Chain Subject Matter Expertise in the requirements, testing, training, implementation and maintenance of Interactive Web Reporting Systems (IWRS). Working with Contract Manufacturers, Storage and Transportation vendors to ensure compliance with Medivation’s goals and objectives whilst assuring a continuous supply of drug product to the patient. In this position you will have the opportunity to be a valued member of an expanding team at a time of exciting growth for the company.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Establish, update and maintain policies and procedures required to maintain GMP compliance in the storage, distribution and returns of drug product.
- Team expert in the importation and/or exportation of CTM, subcomponents, comparators, and other Clinical Study and manufacturing related materials.
- Direct activities to assure and efficient and effective distribution supply chain is established and maintained.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the distribution supply chain personnel to assure activities are executed and completed in establish time lines.
- Work with service providers to assure roles and responsibilities are established and maintained.
- Assure necessary documentation, permits and/or licenses, are obtained and maintained.
- Evaluate, identify and communicate potential issues in the supply chain, i.e.; low, excessive, damaged, and/or expiring inventory.
- Manage and develop the Supply Chain team to assure the right tools and training has been provided to maintain a dynamic atmosphere and support department functions and objectives.
- 5+ years GMP clinical supply chain experience.
- 3+ years GMP commercial supply chain experience.
- 3+ years managing of a 2+ supply chain staff.
- 5+ years experience in biotech/pharma Distribution Supply Chain.
- 3+ years experience in Cold Chain Supply.
- Experience with domestic and international importation regulations.
- Working knowledge of GMP and GDP (good distribution practices) with focus on clinical and commercial supply chain.
- Cold chain management.
- Effective leader and trainer.
- Lead and participate in supply chain supported projects.
- Decision maker and implementer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven record with establishing and maintaining strong internal and external partnerships.
- Lead effective and efficient meetings.
- Working knowledge of IWR Systems.
- PC literacy required; MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Adobe Acrobat.
- Bachelors degree – Supply Chain or related discipline.
- APICS affiliation and/or certification.