Manager, Warehousing & Logistics – Grifols – Industry, CA
Direct and manage Supply Chain Operations / Logistics, inclusive of Warehouse, Fulfillment, Transportation, Training, and the management or safeguarding of inventory. Develop and execute strategies to ensure Grifols maintains the integrity of production distribution channels at the highest level of service, compliance, and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in a rapidly changing environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Direct inbound and outbound logistics operations (domestic and international), finished goods warehouse activities, and be responsible for safety, productivity, quality, inventory control, cost management and continuous improvement objectives.
- Serve as liaison with all internal and external partners for daily operational activities. Perform root-cause analysis and problem resolution related to logistics operations as needed.
- Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics (i.e. routing, shipping modes, packaging, volumes, etc.) to identify potential risks, improvement opportunities and associated financial impact. Develop and implement process/program changes and solutions accordingly to mitigate risks, support changing business goals, and drive continuous improvement.
- Ascertain industry/logistics best practices and liaise with Customer teams to identify improvement opportunities. Effectively collaborate with other departments to integrate distribution and logistics with business systems and processes.
- Prepare and recommend operating and personnel budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to budget; recommend variances as necessary.
- Manage and report on key performance metrics, program updates and on-going projects.
- Manage on-going partner vendor relationships and develop new ones as needed to support Grifols’ continuing growth. Ensure that partners understand and accept Grifols’ guidelines and requirements for logistics operations including service and performance.
- Responsible for internal and external audit responses and interactions with agencies.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory and industry standards, trends and advancements.
- Responsible for development of the Materials Management group, including motivating in a manner that promotes the achievement of GBI’s and the department’s business goals and objectives.
- Develop, build and manage a best-in-class distribution team through active selection, hiring, training, evaluation and disciplinary processes. Train and evaluate employees to enhance their performance, development and work product. Address performance issues and make recommendations for personnel actions with the collaboration of Human Resources. Motivate and reward employees including recommending salary increases, bonuses and promotions within allocated budgets and company guidelines.
- Build organizational competency and succession plans.
- Conduct performance reviews of personnel.
- Work on special projects, programs and other assignments as needed.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/SKILLS & EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Logistics & Transportation, or closely discipline. Master’s degree preferred. APICS certification desirable.
- Must have minimum of 2 years working in an FDA regulated facility – pharmaceutical, biologics, biotech, or medical device industry.
- 1-3 years of logistics (or materials) and transportation experience is highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of cGMPs, FDA regulations, and industry guidelines, as well as international regulatory guidelines is required.
- Must have knowledge of supply chain current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and compliance requirements for biopharmaceutical processes.
- Hands-on experience with logistics, distribution, and cold chain solutions is preferred.
- Demonstrated system and change implementation experience, plus teaching and mentoring teams. Supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills with ability to motivate, guide, train, coach and develop subordinates.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability work cross-functionally and to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, and a wide variety of internal and external partners, in a professional manner.
- Must be a self-starter with exceptional verbal communication and strong critical thinking skills, with the ability to effectively handle and manage business risks and issues in a systematic and organized manner.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and spreadsheet skills, including cost modeling. Ability to analyze detail and perform structured decision-making on a daily basis.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle an ever changing, fast paced critical work environment.
- Proficiencies with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. SAP strongly desired.