Manager, Transportation – Regeneron – Rensselaer, NY, USA
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, atopic dermatitis, pain, and infectious diseases.
Summary: Oversees activities related to materials management transportation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversees responsibilities of the material handlers;
- Perform scheduled inspections in support of Inspection Readiness Program and Safety Program;
- Ensures outgoing shipments are coordinated properly to Filler, Labelers and between CMOs to meet deadlines both domestically and internationally;
- Ensures incoming shipments from partners and CMOs are coordinated;
- Ensures goods received are unpacked and checked against purchase orders or invoices;
- Oversees management of transportation related records;
- Follows established safety practices and SOPs in a cGMP environment;
- Oversees and may assist with shipping of finished products for filling, labeling and distribution;
- Oversees and may assist with receipt of finished product from fillers, labelers and any other source;
- May take inventory and cycle counts;
- May be required to write SOPs;
- Manage relationships with vendors, contractors, etc.;
- Identify areas for improvement, implement where needed, and develop SOPs;
- Promote cooperation, teamwork and open communications company-wide as well as externally;
- Oversee intra-transfer of cold chain products.
Essential Knowledge and Skills include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Knowledge of customs and international regulations required.
- Knowledge of cold chain distribution practices within a pharmaceutical industry required.
Experience and Required Skills:Education and Experience:
- BS/BA degree preferred but may substitute relevant experience in lieu of degree, along with 8 years progressive transportation experience in a cGMP environment.
- Previous leadership or managerial experience required.
- Title level (Associate Manager Transportation, Manager Transportation, or Sr. Manager Transportation) will be determined based on skills and experience.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.