Manager Logistics Operations & Compliance – Sanofi Pasteur – Swiftwater, PA, USA
The Manager, Logistics Operations & Compliance position, based at the Swiftwater, PA site, has responsibility for supply chain related activities, under the Warehouse & Logistics Operations team, within the Industrial Operations Materials Management Department. This position will report to the Deputy Director of Warehouse & Logistics Operations, and will play critical role in both local site and global logistics initiatives. This role will be responsible for the management of logistics processes and systems, ensuring operations ar performed in a safe and compliant manner.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Performs periodic review and revision of Logistics Operations training modules.
– Q-eDoc (Quality Documentation and Procedures)
– Reviewing, approving and authoring department procedures.
– Trackwise N.America (Deviations)
– Manages Logistics Operations-owned deviations through closure.
– Supports investigations for internal (Warehouse & Logistics) and external (site
– Trackwise Global (Change Control & Action Item)
– Manages Logistics Operations-owned change controls and associated action items through closure.
– Supports internal (Warehouse & Logistics) and external (site customer) change controls and associated action items.
– Performs ad-hoc internal process audits and recommends remediation, which will yield greater system efficiencies and maintain compliance for all areas under Warehouse & Logistics Operations.
– Participates in formal audit discussions with internal (Finance, Quality, HSE) and external (FDA, TSA, HHS, FAA, OSHA) agencies.
– Responsible for maintaining required training and access to Quality Systems (Q-eDOC, Trackwise Global, N.A. Trackwise, etc.)
Outbound Shipping Operations:
– Oversight of Logistics e-room process, used to schedule and approve commercial and non-commercial shipment requests.
– Performs operational support for the Transportation Security Admin. (TSA) screening program.
– Manages the site Trade Compliance program for Logistics, in alignment with Sanofi corporate requirements.
Intrasite Shipping Operations:
– Responsible for managing 3rd Party Logistics Provider (3PL) services, including contractual oversight.
– Works in conjunction with the Manager, Logistics Operations, to analyze 3PL program, and propose process
recommendations to Warehouse & Logistics Operations Management Team.
– Manages intrasite projects, relating to process improvement efforts (cold-chain, technology, etc…)
Materials Management/Warehouse & Logistics Operations:
– Supports department process improvement initiatives.
– Responsible for developing and communicating critical department metrics.
– Responsible for performing routine safety audits of Logistics Operations, to ensure team members are performing their duties utilizing PPE and safe practices.
– In conjunction with HSE, coordinates and conducts spot audits of site dock areas, and provides remediation recommendation and follow-up to building managers/process owners.
– Participate in site and department SOR and PASS programs.
Other duties as assigned by Warehouse & Logistics Management Team.
This position requires functional support and interaction at the site level (in support of local and global operations), as well as collaboration up through the global level with internal Sanofi affiliates (international sales, global supply chain and external manufacturing.) In addition, this role will be exposed to external vendors and service providers, as well as domestic and international customers. This position has responsibility of managing logistics processes and systems. This individual also works closely with the Deputy Director of Warehouse & Logistics Operations on financial controls for the department, including budget review.
Key indicators for this position are based on Safety, Compliance, Customer Service, Project Deliverables and Fiscal Responsibility.
The Manager, Logistics Operations & Compliance, is empowered to make business-related decisions, from an operational and process-owner standpoint. This includes but is not limited to allocation and positioning of resources (including personnel), systems integration and process-related changes. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of four years of supply chain related experience and prior Pharmaceutical experience. This position requires the individual to possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, in addition to technical competencies (SAP, Microsoft Office, Ceridian, etc.) In addition, this position should be trained in compliance systems and audit preparation.
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. Our driving goal is to protect people from infectious diseases by creating safe and effective vaccines. Sanofi, an integrated global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in the field of healthcare with seven growth platforms: diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets, animal health and the new Genzyme. Sanofi Pasteur offers the broadest range of vaccines in the world, providing protection against 20 bacterial and viral diseases.
We distribute more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to vaccinate more than 500 million people across the globe. Our company has more than 13,000 employees worldwide working in 14 production and/or R&D sites with more than 50% of staff devoted to industrial operations (IO). Industrial Operations (IO) at our Swiftwater, Pennsylvania site, the largest vaccine manufacturing facility in the US, continues to develop its manufacturing assets to produce existing and new vaccines and biopharmaceuticals. Sanofi Pasteur provides associates in IO a variety of opportunities to develop and enhance their career through the ability to work in diverse roles across functions, resources for continuous learning, and assistance for those wishing to further their education.
Sanofi Pasteur SA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
– Bachelor’s degree
– Minimum of 4 years related work experience.
Job : Supply Chain
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Swiftwater