Manager, Commercial Logistics North America – Biogen – Cambridge, MA, USA
Biogen is experiencing significant growth in the global market place across our highly complex portfolio of products. Given the demand and our pursuit of innovation, there is a need for additional Logistics expertise reporting in to the Commercial Supply Management team based in Cambridge, MA. This senior individual contributor is intended to support Biogen’s North America logistics activities including internal and external material movements, development and introduction of transportation and shipping solutions, trade compliance, and business process improvements.
The successful candidate will:
1. Effectively manage logistics, order-to-cash and compliance activities to ensure sustainable supply and optimize the overall logistics costs.
2. Leverage the Global Supply Chain systems/technology (e.g., ERP System, Trackwise) required to execute job functions.
3. Generate scenarios for executing non-standard and critical to customer requirements in an effective compliant and cost effective manner
4. Apply knowledge of regional and global logistics, order-to-cash, and the end-to-end value chain to support and facilitate alignment between operational functions and achieve optimal service and cost while maintaining compliance and product integrity.
5. Leverage knowledge of relevant compliance and regulatory requirements, tax considerations and network design to identify and recommends strategies to deliver on new product and network requirements.
6. Collaborate and facilitate cross-functionally to resolve logistics issues, gain alignment, and develop recommendations for maintaining compliance and customer service requirements
7. Support network assessments and cost modeling and aimed at achieving the lowest landed cost consistent with operating goals and objectives.
8. Transparently surfaces network issues, resolving network conflicts and identifying long term capabilities and strategies to optimize business value.
9. Use knowledge of industry best practices to direct the optimization of logistics and trade management and systems integration to ensure compliance, maximize service, and optimize cost.
Cambridge, MA, US
Supply Chain, Global Operations
– 5-7 years of relevant industry experience, including controlled temperature (cold-chain) logistics of cGMP regulated materials.
– Bachelor degree; Degree in Science, Engineering, Business, Finance or Supply Chain.