Logistics Support Analyst Indrasoft – Fort Detrick, MD, USA
IndraSoft, Inc. is seeking a Logistics Analyst II to join our dynamic team. This position will provide analytical support to USAMMA project in Ft. Detrick, Maryland. Some of the primary functions of the Logistics Analyst providing support to the distribution of bio-defense and other special temperature sensitive medical products that require specialized handling and support the Department of Defense (DoD).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business (with emphasis in Logistics/Supply Chain Management) or related discipline.
- 5-7 years progressive transportation & freight cost management, Logistics, Supply Chain and or Operations processes and systems.
- Carrier/supplier interaction experience
- Quantitative analysis skills will a proven hands-on experience with MS Excel, with exceptional data handling skills.
- Should be able to efficiently and effectively handle/manipulate data from multiple sources including utilization of data query tools such as SQL, Crystal Reports.
- A working proficiency in accounting and/or experience with accruals expense.
- Excellent communication, business analytical and problem-solving/trouble-shooting skills
- Effective project management skills/capabilities; including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to directly influence and lead teams, including a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally (internally) and/or with outside professionals.
- Secret Security Clearance
- Strong English language skills (both written and verbal).
- MBA with 8+ years supply chain experience, with practical work experience in Logistics, Operation Research, manufacturing or Engineering.
- Solid working knowledge of logistics and inventory strategies & practices, including a record of negotiating and implementing contracts.
- Exceptional quantitative analysis skills, including a working proficiency in accounting, procurement, quality and or/process management experience.
- Competency in working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma.
- Working knowledge of Army Logistical Systems, Remedy Action Request System, Logistics Information Warehouse, and experience with ERP systems.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Military Medical Supply Chain logistics experience related to medical materiel distribution, property inventory, medical acquisition logistics, vaccine distribution, and cold chain management.
- Maintain databases of logistics information.
- Interpret data on logistics elements, such as availability, maintainability, reliability, supply chain management, strategic sourcing or distribution, supplier management, or transportation.
- Provide ongoing analyses in area such as transportation costs, parts procurement, back orders or deliver processes.
- Coordinate distribution functions within military hospitals and logistical activities worldwide, commercial manufacture, transportation carriers, and other agencies.
- Communicate special requirements to ensure coordination is completed and follow-on guidance.
- Liaise between transportation operations and customer to ensure shipment arrives within appropriate timeframe and cold chain is maintaining. Review data and report trend detail
- Recommend and coordinate adjustment of distribution strategies, plans, and procedures.
- Perform data input, reconciling document registers with applicable databases, provide reports and related data outputs as requested.
- Perform systems and process analysis based on receiving reports, situation/progress reports, lessons learned, and after action reviews.
- Provide inventory management for special property and equipment.
- Knowledge of DoD Medical Materiel Quality Control recall messages.
- Confer with logistics management teams to determine ways to optimize service levels, maintain supply-chain efficiency, or minimize cost.
- Remotely monitor the flow of vehicles or inventory, using web-based logistics information systems to track vehicles or containers.
- Track product flow from origin to final delivery.
- Recommend improvements and enhance workflow that affects distribution and inventory
- Processing information, searching for facts and figures, working out problems mentally and able to make informed decisions.
- Review reports from provider and liaise with provider to identify and investigate anomalies
- Utilize available resources to create and maintain reports for management
- Resolve data discrepancies using problem solving skills
- Work with various systems to gather, collect and manipulate data to format into reports.
- On call 24 hours, seven days a week for after hour calls and services.
- Proficient in presenting issues/training to a wide range audience.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
IndraSoft offers comprehensive benefits to all its employees. Eligibility for IndraSoft benefits begins on the first day of the month following the date of employment. Full-time salaried employees are entitled to the following benefits.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Personal Time Off
- Education and Training Assistance
IndraSoft Inc. : Since 2002, IndraSoft has successfully provided IT solutions to major customers that include the U.S. Air Force, Defense Logistics Agency, USTRANSCOM, U.S. Marine Corps, Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Agriculture, and Georgetown University Hospital. Our professional staff has broad software and network experience and expertise that include software and network engineering, development, sustainment, migration, integration, training, help desk support, testing and operational support. We follow a well defined process to understand the customer’s information technology needs and then provide timely and affordable solutions that meet those needs.
Indrasoft is a certified small business, 8(a), and a woman and minority-owned corporation with proven leadership in IT systems, exceptional customer service, solid hands-on technical expertise, and an outstanding past performance record. Key highlights of company include:
- ISO 9001:2008
- CMMI Maturity Level 3 Processes
- DCAA Audited Accounting System
IndraSoft Values: IndraSoft strives to meet every commitment made to our customers, whether explicit or implied—always. We deeply care about our employees. We will strive to nurture an environment of trust and mutual respect, where each employee is happy and productive. We believe our partners are an extended family. We shall always be fair and transparent with them. We shall strive to be a respected, trustworthy, and sought-after partner. We will conduct all our business activities honestly, truthfully, and ethically. We will provide transparent and socially responsible corporate governance.
Mission: To deliver high quality IT Services and solutions to our clients in the Department of Defense, Civil Agencies and the Private Sector.