Logistics Coordinator Job – Merck – Wilson, NC, USA
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Coordinate and analyze logistics operations at the Wilson site. Responsible for scheduling inbound and outbound transportation, identifying and implementing freight savings opportunities, enhancing relationships with and effectiveness of lead logistics providers and freight forwarders, and tracking and analyzing freight spend to assist in profit planning, forecasting, and ensuring accuracy of the freight bill payment system.
– Coordinates the planning and scheduling of inbound shipments from local vendors and imports.
– Coordinates the planning and scheduling of domestic outbound shipments and exports.
– Leads and supports key projects and initiatives.
– Identifies opportunities for freight savings such as multi-stop pickups, backhauls, level loading, etc.
– Interacts daily with lead logistics providers, freight forwarders, and vendors to improve operations and build relationships.
– Tracks and analyzes freight spend for inbound and outbound shipments to ensure accuracy with the freight bill payment system.
– Analyzes freight spend by lane to assist in profit planning process and quarterly forecasting.
– Reviews and updates contracts with freight forwarders.
– Assists in SOP development and revisions as required to support logistics operations at Wilson.
– Assists in managing metrics for the Wilson Warehouse.
– Coordinates non-hazardous waste inventory and shipments.Assists in writing deviation investigations related to warehouse operations and freight shipments.
– Investigates transportation temperature excursions and updates the Cold Chain Management System.
– BS or BA degree required.
– Leadership, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
– Teamwork and inclusion skills with ability to motivate and influence others.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Ability to generate reports and tables from data in Excel spreadsheets.
– In depth knowledge of logistics, transportation planning, freight spend and budgeting, and overall supply chain management.
– Prior knowledge of GMP’s, regulatory guidelines, SAP, material flow, and warehouse/packaging processes.